Question about stools! Sorry for being gross!

Options
Well, I am sorry for bringing this kind of question up...

I know that a persons bowel movements can say a lot... They can tell you whether you are eating the right foods or even be an indicator of health problems.

I have significantly reduced carbohydrate from my diet (excluding carbs from fruit and veg) - altbiet unintentiionally, but they are still missing. My question is, can a person still have healthy stools without this carbohydrate... I mean, I am still getting a lot of healthy dietry fibre and I don't seem to be having a problem yet... actually thinking about it, I feel a lot healthier for it. I lot... umm, emptier! Ha ha, apolgies for the info!

Replies

• KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Funny you should mention this, I was thinking of it the other day and have read other sites about the 'best' type to look for... what to expect, what's a healthy one etc. I have found info that it should stick to the bowl, shouldn't be difficult to pass. You should have more mass with it if you are eating enough fiber.
    I was reading The Raw Truth and the Dr. quoted did a stufy of the way Europeans ate and the way the natives ate in Africa where he was visiting. He studied their stool and analyzed their diets. I found it interesting. A poor diet is definitely evident in our waste
    I also feel better and lighter since incorporating more fruits, vegetables and whole grain fiber, making sure I get a mix of insoluble and soluble fiber.
    well, that's my 2 cents. : )
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Since I have started my diet in August I have had lots of problems too. I find that if I take a stool softener daily for about a week, and then off a week, it seems to help tremendously. It seems to have worked pretty well for me so far. Hope it works for you.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have also unintentionally avoided carbs, so I get you. As long as things feel fine and you're regular, you should be fine.

There's no delicate way to say that, huh? LOL :happy:
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    my stool is brown and sturdy. is that what you were asking?
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Since I have started my diet in August I have had lots of problems too. I find that if I take a stool softener daily for about a week, and then off a week, it seems to help tremendously. It seems to have worked pretty well for me so far. Hope it works for you.

Did you even read the OP?
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I realize that my bowel movement have been reduced since I cut down on carbs (including fruits). Not sure if I'm getting enough fiber. I always wonder for people doing Atkins, where do they get their fiber from.