Help with a haircut

alecta337
alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
edited October 6 in Chit-Chat
Hello MFP family,

In a week I am going to be going back home from college and I'll finally be able to get my hair done. Its way too expensive to pay for it myself, lol.

My main profile picture is how my hair looks now, I just took it not even 5 minutes ago. I need a new haircut, I am bored of the straight bottom cut.

I am already planning on making my roots blonde, cause I look totally trashy now, lol.

My requirements are to keep my hair blonde and keep it long. My questions is, any suggestions? Pictures would be fun =]

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Holy Pixies girl! You have GORGEOUS hair!

Now, for my preference, I love the emo styles like this:
    21505457.jpg
    However, you may not be into that, and it requires some pretty invasive cutting with a razor to achieve, and your hair is so pretty I am not sure I would go that way...

Maybe just get some long layers put into it, give it more than just the straight cut look, kinda like this:

layered_28.jpg

Or this:
    Long-Layered-Hairstyles.jpg
  • alecta337
    Also I should mention that my hair is naturally straight. I normally don't put much crap in my hair, but recently I have to use detangler just because its so darned long the tangles get crazy after my shower.

I want hair that will look pretty with minimal effort. I probably won't spend the time to blow it out or anything like that. I go to a pretty hard college and spend most of my time doing school work and sleeping.

I am tempted to get one of those emo-like haircuts, but I am just so scared of cutting so much off. I do think I'll opt for lots of layers with side bangs. I had side bangs, but they've grown to as long as my face
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Yeah, the emo styles really are a lot of upkeep, and a lot of product! And you would have SO MUCH cut off your hair to achieve that style, that you might regret it....
    when I do mine, I cut it myself, and use an eyebrow razor to do it...but it really does thin out the bottom a LOT......and to get the fullness look around the head takes some product and styling.....
  • alecta337
    Hmm upkeep is not my thing. I can only afford to get my hair cut and dyed when I go home, which is December, May, and August.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    do you want to keep length or go drastic and donate to locks for love?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Your hair is so pretty! Be careful with the layers. I have straight hair too and my layers look like crap if I don't curl them a little, which I am too lazy to do. You are lucky to have such nice thick hair. Mine is fine and looks yucky long. That's why I am chopping off my boob length hair tomorrow and going boy short. I must be crazy... I'm like you, I can't afford really nice cuts all the time so I am using a gift to finally get a really good cut.

And you might try doing your roots yourself. The root Touch-Up stuff really works well.
  • alecta337
    I need to keep my hair long. I love it too much.

One day I'll donate my hair, but right now its my favorite thing about myself... so I'm keeping it!
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    I think these would likely work without a lot of upkeep:

ashley_tisdale_hair-1308324539.jpg

38229.jpg
  • alecta337
    Be careful with the layers. I have straight hair too and my layers look like crap if I don't curl them a little, which I am too lazy to do.

And you might try doing your roots yourself. The root Touch-Up stuff really works well.

I'll be with my dad next week and he has enough money to get my hair done really nice. We will be on vacation in Palm Springs, CA so I am sure i'll be able to fine a really high-end salon that won't mess up my layers.

Plus he didn't get me a birthday present 3 months ago so he owes me, lol.

My parents basically understand that when I come home one of them will have to pay for me to get my hair done, its just part of my coming home routine.

I wish I could go into a salon and say "I want my hair long, blonde, and sexy with minimal day-to-day effort, GO!"
  • alecta337
    @ galaxy

I like the first one, but the second one is too short for me. I need my long flowing beautiful hair.

Also I think I'm going to get a curling iron, so I can curl it when I feel like it.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    I would definitely go with the layers, my hair is naturally wavy so I have to style it. If my hair was straighter I think the layers would be a great wash and go style.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    i love emo hair! so that's my pick :P
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    I have no suggestions but I love your hair as is! so gorgeous. I would literally kill to have your length!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member

Love this one! You should get it!
  • Holy Pixies girl! You have GORGEOUS hair!

Now, for my preference, I love the emo styles like this:
    21505457.jpg
    However, you may not be into that, and it requires some pretty invasive cutting with a razor to achieve, and your hair is so pretty I am not sure I would go that way...

Just quoting this picture so there's a visual for what I'm saying, I have slightly similar hair to this and other then whacking a pair of straighteners through my fringe I don't really do much (other then straighten my ends if they go wavy). Probably in total I spend about 10 minutes doing my hair on a normal day, if I'm going out I'll spend maybe 30minutes doing it properly all straightened, backcomb the top and fringe then brush them down again just to get a bit more volume going, however I have thick hair so I rarely need the extra volume unless I want the messy backcomb you see 13 year olds walking round with (hint: never want that messy hair haha!)

Edit: I don't use any hair products, no spray, no wax, no gel etc other then Moroccan oil when I re-bleach my roots just to keep my hair healthy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    ooh i just saw the cutest cut on pinterest! let me find it!!

okay so this isn't the one i found originally but i love this: http://pinterest.com/pin/21181060716958904/

and this wasn't either but it's really close: http://pinterest.com/pin/75224256245432458/
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    I have no suggestions but I love your hair as is! so gorgeous. I would literally kill to have your length!

Literally? Like you would actually kill somebody to get long hair? Because that's what "literally" means.

To the OP, I second the long layers and the side-swept bangs. I think the emo do would look cute on you, but yeah, too much maintenance.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member

Love this one! You should get it!

Totally Agree! Upvote for this one!
  • www.myvirtualmakeover.com

upload your picture to try on different styles, color, highlights, shades, even makeup
This discussion has been closed.