Great women's running shoes!

Options
Hey runners!

I just got some new running shoes from nike, they are the lance armstrong ones and they have the nike plus system and I can't run without that! I've only ran in them twice but I love them, I didn't have to break them in or anything. The great thing about them is they are mesh on top and in my case I get blisters when there's more leathery stuff on top, anyways I thought I'd share, remember you are supposed to replace your running shoes every 400 miles or so :happy: Hope you like them, heres the link.

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=uslp&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-193063

~Leash

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hey runners!

I just got some new running shoes from nike, they are the lance armstrong ones and they have the nike plus system and I can't run without that! I've only ran in them twice but I love them, I didn't have to break them in or anything. The great thing about them is they are mesh on top and in my case I get blisters when there's more leathery stuff on top, anyways I thought I'd share, remember you are supposed to replace your running shoes every 400 miles or so :happy: Hope you like them, heres the link.

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=uslp&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-193063

~Leash
  • beagle595
    Options
    Do they run narrow like most Nike's... I normally wear New Balance or Ryka's.. Thanks for info... I'll try a pair on. Have a great run! :flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Do they run narrow like most Nike's... I normally wear New Balance or Ryka's.. Thanks for info... I'll try a pair on. Have a great run! :flowerforyou:

I have always worn nikes so I'm not sure if they run narrow but since they are mesh they stretch well, but they weren't narrow for me at all. Hope that helped!

~Leash
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    My sister bought me a pair of Nikes for my b-day this year and I love them too. I don't think they are the same as the ones that you have, but they also have the nike plus system, which I love. I have just started running and I love having all my stats!

I have pretty wide feet and the ones I bought don't seem to narrow. I wish I knew the model name ... they are orange and blue.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I agree I love New balance.Nikes hurt my feet!!!
  • jcummings69
    Options
    I wish I could find a pair of Nike's that fit my feet but they all seem so narrow :(
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I think I am pretty out of loop here :laugh: but.....what is the nike plus system?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    The nike plus system is a slot in one of your shoes. For approx $40 cdn you can buy a chip to put in your shoe and attachement for your ipod. With this your ipod will be able to track your run stats such as distance, speed, etc. You can then upload your information to the nike website where you can track and view all your runs. You can also enter online challenges with other people.

It's pretty cool. I'm looking forward to using it outside once it warms up a bit. It will be a great way to keep track of my progress!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm in the market for a new pair of running shoes right now!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I will have to check them out. Thx!
  • beagle595
    Options
    My sister bought me a pair of Nikes for my b-day this year and I love them too. I don't think they are the same as the ones that you have, but they also have the nike plus system, which I love. I have just started running and I love having all my stats!

I have pretty wide feet and the ones I bought don't seem to narrow. I wish I knew the model name ... they are orange and blue.
    Thanks I'll have to try them.. With my first pregnancy I was on my feet full time working until the day he was born.. He came 6 wks early/ extreme pre-clampsia. I thought my feet were going to explode with fluid/ couldn't even bend them. My feet got wider.. wierd huh?? So I'll look for your pair. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    my feet grew longer when I had kids. I went up a full shoe size after having the 2 of them.

The things people don't tell you!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I swear by my asics for street running and new balance for cross country. have only just started running again.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I personally wore Reebok for width, but I bought some nice Rykas and well there was a defect in one of the heels that I didn't really notice in time and it screwed my foot up.....gonna check the nikes out Leash...thanks

:flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of nike's now that took quite awhile to break in and certainly cause my foot is wide. But I do like them now and to be honest they are quite dull and stained (obv not stained from years of use at the gym :laugh: ) so this is a good post. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who suffers from the "narrow" eagle shoes:noway:

I have bunions (:cry: yes, gross I know - but my folks were poor and a good fitting shoe wasn't their goal, just a fit at all:sad: ) so until I get them fixed I would be curious to see how others buy their shoes as a result of bunions and/or just plain ol wide feet. Brands? Thanks!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    New balance fits my wide feet the best - plus they are light for running,

New Balance also has a wider toe bed -which might help the bunions a bit

I have 411's now- a few months ago I bought I think 723's?? they were on sale - youch too narrow around the arch

so you have to watch which type you buy they fit differently
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    New balance fits my wide feet the best - plus they are light for running,

New Balance also has a wider toe bed -which might help the bunions a bit

I have 411's now- a few months ago I bought I think 723's?? they were on sale - youch too narrow around the arch

so you have to watch which type you buy they fit differently

Thanks jojo, that helps I will think of that when buying, although it's kinda cool that I'm even thinking of buying new shoes at all....................that must mean that I'm using them...whooo hoo,
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    I just switched from nike (last ten years) and bought new balance as they are meant to better at the mo and OMG I am never going back so comfortable great to wear doing chores but brilliant to wear running and working out. Plus they are pink and look smart.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions girls for overpronating?