This site aggrivates me/ Answers anyone

Options
2»

Replies

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    ah, maybe you should join another site more suitable to your needs

I am just so sorry for posting this :cry: I was having a bad day and I took it out on you. Please accept my apologies and be sure I have taught myself a valuable lesson. I always so appreciate the support here whatever my question, I know and believe we are all moving forward and sometimes it gets us down but I need to find a better way to take out my own frustration than lash out at someone struggling with the same problems as me! Good luck
    [/quote]

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Can someone help with a couple of things. My wife and I have been using the site for a couple of weeks now. Anytime I enter a food not listed and select let my fitness pals use it too, it is never there. I will log out and my wife will log in and try to enter the same thing I just did and it isn't there. We have to enter everything all over again. For whatever reason, the foods appear not to be saving.

The other thing I would like to know is where are some people coming up with the nutritional values that are entered into this site. Several things I have put in are listed completely different on this site compared to the label I am reading, and they are the exact same product. One example is an egg: Unless there is a science to cooking that I am unaware of, how can an egg have more or less calories depending on how it is cooked, I.E. scrambled or fried, even hard boiled. I do not see how this is possible unless you fry or scramble the egg w/ butter or seasonings.

Can someone educate me on these two topics please. The food not saving in the system and the incorrect values entered in the nutrition system here have aggrivated me to no end the last couple of weeks. :mad:

Here is what Mike said (webmaster) recently on this subject:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/2072-foods-entered

~Here is the quote:
    Sorry guys - right now, its super slow because I have to manually approve all of the foods people are offering to share. This is just to ensure that the foods shared are accurate, entered correctly, etc.

I'm trying to come up with a new system where the whole community can help fact-check the food database so that new foods can be shared instantly (or at least in a very short period of time). Unfortunately, for now, the sharing system really isn't working at all at the moment.

Sorry for the bad news, but I hope to have an improved system in shortly...

I haven't found many foods to be inaccurate... If the foods are member-submitted you can "confirm" the food, and when people "confirm" then the number of member confirmations will show in the nutrition box.

If you have the time, shoot a message to Mike under the Technical Support or Website Suggestion threads when you find one that is wrong..
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If there seems to be such a big difference in the calories and such from entry to entry make sure you are checking the sering size. For instance I searched hard boiled egg and was confused when I clicked on (whole-egg) and it said 211 calories and my package said 70 calories. I figured out that the serving size had been changed to a whole CUP not a whole EGG! Very confusing! So now i make sure to change it to what im consuming not what it is set at! :grumble:

Good Luck
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    why don't you post here an item that you've entered into the database that you wanted to share (with the corrected values) then I can check it out to see if I can see it or if I can possibly help to find out what the issue is so that you can report it.