raviolis

Options
I really want to eat my frozen cheese filled raviolis this evening but what can I put on them to keep them healthy?? Any thoughts??

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I honestly just boil them and eat them plain..... Maybe you could make a sauce of mushrooms and olive oil
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like red sauces, marinara or pomodoro, skinny taste has a lot of good sauces you could try!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What about cutting up some fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, (whatever veggies you like) and making a veggie topping?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Marinara sauce seems like a good choice to me! If you want more veggies - saute some onions, mushrooms and peppers and mix them into the marinara.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    When making tomato sauce, I always use the reduced-sodium variety. Canned tomatoes are very high in potassium so they are actually pretty good for you. You just have to be careful with the sodium.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    just cook up a variety of vegetables in olive oil and toss the ravioli in the mixture, they'll stay moist in the olive oil :)
  • kitkat1781
    Options
    I found a delicious recipe in an old issue of Women's Day magazine for butternut squash ravioli. I posted the link below...it's delicious and about 332 calories, depending on the ravioli you use.

http://www.womansday.com/recipefinder/ravioli-sauteed-butternut-squash-thyme-recipe-123139?click=rec_sr
  • Kris10can
    Options
    My favorite is with sliced cherry tomatoes and garlic cooked in a pan....and sometimes zucchini! Mmmmm
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Cover in olive oil, veggies, red sauce, mmm :]
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    broccoli mushrooms and asparagus sauteed in a bit of garlic and olive oil
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    What about cutting up some fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, (whatever veggies you like) and making a veggie topping?

this. i don't usually eat ravioli but i do this with my pasta.
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My favorite is sauteing garlic, onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil and a splash of lemon. Then add the cooked raviolis to that and toss lightly.
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    Bump-this really makes me want ravioli!