Cover songs

Options
krist3ng
krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
Hey guys!

I figured, this is a fun, bustling forum. Maybe you guys can give me some advice. I'm in a band, and we're trying to think of songs to cover (like one cover song per show, but we'd like to find something perfect). Something well-known and yet interesting and fun/funny. The band is called Sally (www.sallyband.com) and is named after Sally from Nightmare before Christmas, so of course Sally's Song is a must. Here's what I have. Suggestions? It would be for a female singer (ME!) but would be totally cool if the original is a male singer.

Here are my possible ones:
1- Alone (Heart)
2- My Cherie Amour (Stevie Wonder)
3- Borderline (Madonna)??
4- Sally's Song
5- My Young and Foolish Heart (Doris Day)
6- You Are the Sunshine of My Life
7- It's the same old song (4 Tops)
8- Build Me Up, Buttercup (The Foundations)
9- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
10- I'll never fall in love again

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Welllll I love Doris Day so i would def say her! =)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Your list is awesome!

I'm a singer, too, and am with a band that does "dance music".....the oldies but goodies, ya know?

But we tend to throw in a few 'newer' songs along the way - and I love to sing Beatles songs. They are so fun - my suggestions would be Hard Day's Night and 'Til There Was You.

Of the songs on your list, I would personally do #10 "I'll Never Fall in Love Again". Such a cool song. Second choice would be "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow", Carole King style.

Have Fun!!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Dylan's Spanish Boots is one of my all time fav's.. And it can be duo!
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    great suggestion, rebekah! just listened to the Joan Baez version, so pretty.

YES, it's funny Pollywog, you zeroed in on 2 of my personal fave songs of all time.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Great minds think alike, young lady :)