Back excercises?

Options
Hi everyone, I need some help. I work out at home and I have a treadmill and an olympic bench setup that I can be adjusted for standing squats, incline bench work, decline bench work, preacher curls, leg extensions and hamstring excercises, dips etc etc. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a back workout that I can do without buying anymore equipment at this time. When I belonged to a gym we used to row and do reverse situps off the end of the bench but I dont think I can set mine up like that. Eventually Im going to be getting a workout machine for doing lats and rowing but I dont have the funds right now. Any help would be great! Keep in mind "join a gym" is not an option right now and I want to keep working out from home if possible. Thanks!!

Replies

• MattySparky
    Options
    Hi everyone, I need some help. I work out at home and I have a treadmill and an olympic bench setup that I can be adjusted for standing squats, incline bench work, decline bench work, preacher curls, leg extensions and hamstring excercises, dips etc etc. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a back workout that I can do without buying anymore equipment at this time. When I belonged to a gym we used to row and do reverse situps off the end of the bench but I dont think I can set mine up like that. Eventually Im going to be getting a workout machine for doing lats and rowing but I dont have the funds right now. Any help would be great! Keep in mind "join a gym" is not an option right now and I want to keep working out from home if possible. Thanks!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

all the exercises you could ever do with moving pictures to show you how
    EXRX.com
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    oops...make that exrx.net
    not .com
  • MattySparky
    Options
    thanks Dave! I never thought of looking online LOL. So used to coming here for advice.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Matty

I am no great expert on this but here are a couple of sites that you can look into.

http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone

http://www.exrx.net/Beginning.html

They both show the different parts of the body and what exercises work where
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    .....and bodybuilding.com has some great ones also.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    thanks Dave! I never thought of looking online LOL. So used to coming here for advice.

no wonder you are a mess...LOL
  • MattySparky
    Options
    hahaha... mangled some would say... have you been talking to my wife? lol.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    thanks everyone, much appreciated. I think EXRX.net hit the spot, I've found 3 compound back workouts that I can do with what I've got.

Dave>> I remember from a post of yours that you said you used kettle bells? (I think it was you) if so how do you like them and what do you use them for mainly?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    thanks everyone, much appreciated. I think EXRX.net hit the spot, I've found 3 compound back workouts that I can do with what I've got.

Dave>> I remember from a post of yours that you said you used kettle bells? (I think it was you) if so how do you like them and what do you use them for mainly?

nope...not me.....maybe someday but I am giving some thought to P90x....kettle bells seem weird to to me for some reason which means they are probably the best thing since sliced bread
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I agree... totally weird, but I bet they are amazing! And... while I've got your attention....... do you drink more water than your normal amount when you use the protein supp??