• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    It's beautiful you did a great job!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    that's more than cake it's art great job
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    This is wonderful!! What a great idea!! :flowerforyou:

109912.png
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! Make mine for my birthday!!! It's in May... Make sure you mark it in your calendar!!!:bigsmile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome cake!
    You are very talented, you should do that for a living if you don't already. I would definately buy them from you. In fact i would have today instead of getting the ice cream cake from DQ i just bought for one of my daughter's birthday's today!! I have a kids b-day every month from Feb till June!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    VERY cool! :drinker:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    It all started with my sons 1st birthday 9 years ago with an Elmo cake I made with a football shaped pan. From there, there has been
    spiderman, snake, popcorn box, football, baseball, pokemon ball, beach, above ground pool, this one, and I'm forgetting some at the moment.
    I was actually thinking of starting a side business called "For Moms Who Don't Bake CAKES"! ya know, the cake looks like they did it and doesn't look storebought, but they didn't do it, I did!
    But I wouldn't even know where to begin as far as pricing goes!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    that is a really cool cake, and a really cool idea for a business. you could advertise on craigslist, do it out of your kitchen, and it would be pure profit!! Go for it!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    you could charge easy at least $20-25 for a basic cake, and like $50 for the masterpiece you made for your dad-
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Sweet! You've got a real talent!
  • jenbar
    Options
    I don't know about pure profit!:ohwell: :laugh:
    because I know how much I paid for all the stuff I needed to do this! but I guess eventually, I'd have the things I needed except for the cake and icing stuff, then... there would be the profit!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    It all started with my sons 1st birthday 9 years ago with an Elmo cake I made with a football shaped pan. From there, there has been
    spiderman, snake, popcorn box, football, baseball, pokemon ball, beach, above ground pool, this one, and I'm forgetting some at the moment.
    I was actually thinking of starting a side business called "For Moms Who Don't Bake CAKES"! ya know, the cake looks like they did it and doesn't look storebought, but they didn't do it, I did!
    But I wouldn't even know where to begin as far as pricing goes!

I'd buy one I like the name too
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    Awesome cake!!! I love to see cool cakes like that! Super markets used to be able to do better than they do now-a-days...great job and you should pursue it! :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    so if someone paints your house, you have to provide the paint. and if a seamstress sews something for you, you have to provide the fabric, thread, etc. I think that your clients could buy the ingredients, or reimburse you for them, so that they are paying you for your efforts as well as the materials!
  • jenbar
    Options
    yeah, I suppose I would have to figure out, depending on the cake they wanted, how much material I would need, then be able to give them a price?
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    what a talent!!! WONDERFUL JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    That is a really neat cake! There are a few others on here that do cakes and sell them. Maybe you can ask them how they started, pricing... all the questions you have.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    That is the nicest, most endearing cake I've ever seen!!! Happy 80th to your Dad!! What a great daughter and what a proud pappa he must be of you. I love everything of the cake, one side celebrating all your dad' journey and the other siide of all your family!! Wonderful, what a priviledge we all are here on MFP you're sharing this with us. Thank you and glad you had a great party celebrating your Dad's 80th with a beautiful, creative masterpiece! Bravo.

p.s., you ate a bit while decorating it? Good thing you covered it with the baseball!!

How long did it take you to make the cake? What a gift of love!! So sweet in everyway!! :happy: :heart:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wow very cool!! Great job!