Running every day? Is this effective??

Options
Hi, I couldn't find this answer very well on my own, so here goes...
I have been running for several months now and have tried to run most days (always taking off Sundays at least) and sometimes I miss a day here or there. But usually running 5 days/week.
What worries me is I want to know if what I'm doing is something sustainable and effective over a long period of time.

Other info - I only have two times in my schedule to workout - before anyone wakes up (5am) or during my kids naptime (2pm). I think I prefer the morning schedule as my mood is better then and I feel like I have more energy than during an afternoon "slump." Plus afternoon workouts only get done half the time for various reasons.
The other issue is I run on my treadmill, and don't have other options for cardio since my 1 yr old son sleeps lightly at 5am and the TV/Wii would be noisy enough to wake him in our cozy condo :/

Hope this makes sense, and I'd be happy to clarify any ?s. Thank you everyon!!

Replies

• brookeg20
    Options
    Check out the running world website. I have found a lot fo great information on there about how much to run, when and how to cross train, etc. Hope it's helpful.

BTW, I try to run 5 days a week. I have read a lot saying that your body gets into a routine by doing the same thing over and over, but I love the stress relief that running gives me. I try to change up my runs by running quick tempos, having a long run, and running one short and quick run a week. I think 5 days a week is certainly sustainable. Good luck.