to those who love to eat out

Options

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but putting Red lobster as 2nd best with Cheesecake factory as Worst is ridiculous. The number of things at red lobster that are decent to eat just doesn't compare to the amount of items on cheesecake factory's skinnylicious menu.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing all the butter they use! might as well go to long john silvers
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Well, you know with an opening like that, the article had to be based on science and peer-reviewed research.
  • gigiangelique
    Options
    Well, you know with an opening like that, the article had to be based on science and peer-reviewed research.

wow I should have been more careful lol:blushing:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Subway! But then again there isn't much alternatives.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    this thread is not what i thought it would be about.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but putting Red lobster as 2nd best with Cheesecake factory as Worst is ridiculous. The number of things at red lobster that are decent to eat just doesn't compare to the amount of items on cheesecake factory's skinnylicious menu.
    I was thinking the same thing all the butter they use! might as well go to long john silvers

I disagree. Seafood is very good for you nutritionally. It's high protein, low fat, and those fats tend to be healthier ones like omega 3s. Add to that the preparation: steamed, boiled, grilled... and it's really quite healthy. Granted, some parts of the meal are nutritional bombs (Cheddar bay biscuits, fries, baked potato with butter and sour cream) but they do offer exchanges for healthy sides on almost everything. When it comes to the butter, it depends on how much you use. I love their snow crab legs, and sometimes I barely use any butter at all.

Cheesecake Factory has been on the bad list for nutrition for a while. From everything I've read, they tend to have too large servings that are really high fat.

It all depends what you choose off the menu. I'm sure the Crab Alfredo at Red Lobster is comparable to any pasta alfredo at Cheesecake Factory, but it's nice to have nutritional options that aren't confined to just a few choices in the "skinny" section of the menu.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to eat out
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I disagree. Seafood is very good for you nutritionally. It's high protein, low fat, and those fats tend to be healthier ones like omega 3s. Add to that the preparation: steamed, boiled, grilled... and it's really quite healthy. Granted, some parts of the meal are nutritional bombs (Cheddar bay biscuits, fries, baked potato with butter and sour cream) but they do offer exchanges for healthy sides on almost everything. When it comes to the butter, it depends on how much you use. I love their snow crab legs, and sometimes I barely use any butter at all.

Cheesecake Factory has been on the bad list for nutrition for a while. From everything I've read, they tend to have too large servings that are really high fat.

It all depends what you choose off the menu. I'm sure the Crab Alfredo at Red Lobster is comparable to any pasta alfredo at Cheesecake Factory, but it's nice to have nutritional options that aren't confined to just a few choices in the "skinny" section of the menu.

I might be more inclined to agree with you if Cheesecake factory's new light menu weren't as extensive as it is. The portions are much lighter and not that bad for you. I'm not considering sodium because if someone is really worried about sodium they probably shouldn't be eating a mainstream chain restaurant anyway.

I think amount and variety of items available at CCF make it better overall choice. Obviously it's all subjective. I have to admit that I haven't looked over the RL's menu lately. I just recall trying to find something acceptable was more of a challenge there. I can also accept that being allergic to bi-valves (clams and scallops are evil, but shrimp is fine) makes things more biased for me. If I wanted crab legs, I definitely wouldn't chose CCF over RL, but it's not really a fair comparison at that point. In that sense it's really apples and oranges. If we're talking about overall health, I'm not seeing enough to justify one as the 2nd best and the other as the worst.

If anything I might label CCF as bad because I can't resist the cheesecake, but I'm not sure it's fair to punish a restaurant because their desserts happen to be tastier and my desire for cheesecake is what it is :)
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Me either, I am disappointed.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Total disappointment.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible, voyeuristic fascination with this kind of article. I don't live in the States and even if I did, I probably wouldn't choose to eat the worst of the worst but... how do you finish all that food? Doesn't your body ever scream 'No!'?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible, voyeuristic fascination with this kind of article. I don't live in the States and even if I did, I probably wouldn't choose to eat the worst of the worst but... how do you finish all that food? Doesn't your body ever scream 'No!'?

Most people don't eat the whole meal. Doggie bags are awesome. I typically bring home enough of my meal to have another meal the next day, sometimes 2 depending on the size of the portions they give me.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

3088r46.jpg
  • gigiangelique
    Options

lol yeah if I did not post this thread i would have.....
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The Cheesecake Factory pretty much always shows up on everyone's worst lists. I haven't been in a while so I'll have to check out the new Skinnylicious Menu, since it didn't really exist last time I went. But even with that, it still doesn't excuse the rest of their food. The article wasn't ranking the list of best restaurants to go to if you're actively on a diet and looking for the healthiest option. It was ranking the overall healthiest and least healthy restaurants. The problem with the Cheesecake Factory is that most of their meals are deceptively full of calories, on fare that you wouldn't normally expect it to be if you were just the average diner. So the average person who's not on a diet but doesn't want a 2000+ calorie meal goes there and orders something off the regular menu thinking it's just a reasonable dinner and not realizing how many calories are in it.

The Cheesecake Factory also harms themselves big time in these rankings by not making readily available the nutritional information of their menu. Until they do that, I have zero sympathy for them.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Noooooo. Not T.G.I.Fridays!! =( It's my second favortie place.
  • gigiangelique
    Options
    if I go to cheescake facory I never ever eat my entire meal not even half. The food is tasty but its a heart attack on a plate.I will try the Skinnylicious Menu tho :flowerforyou:
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

most of us have stretched our stomachs sor far out of shape that we could eat a small child and still go back for dessert!! SUPER SIZE ME!!!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

It tastes so good, it's can be hard to stop even with your body screaming no! Then there's the fact that as children, our parents brainwashed us into thinking we had to clean our plates b/c of kids starving in Ethiopia . . . yeah I know it makes no sense.