Shape- up shoes

Options
I just bought a pair of those shape up shoes you see in the fitness magazines. Has anyone tried them? I got them a couple of weeks ago. I really like them. I wear them around the house and they give your legs a pretty good workout. While they don't replace working out, they are a good filler! Not sure if they are worth 40.00, but I got mine on ebay for 10.00. They run big, so you would have to get a size or two smaller. I normally wear a size 8 1/2 and I got a size 6. Anyway, I really do like them. Although, I have almost sprung my ankle a few times!:grumble:

Replies

• ethan19blue
    Options
    I just bought a pair of those shape up shoes you see in the fitness magazines. Has anyone tried them? I got them a couple of weeks ago. I really like them. I wear them around the house and they give your legs a pretty good workout. While they don't replace working out, they are a good filler! Not sure if they are worth 40.00, but I got mine on ebay for 10.00. They run big, so you would have to get a size or two smaller. I normally wear a size 8 1/2 and I got a size 6. Anyway, I really do like them. Although, I have almost sprung my ankle a few times!:grumble:
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    What brand are yours? I really want some.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    are those like the fit-flops? I have seen them and wondered about them-
  • ethan19blue
    Options
    yes, they are flip-flops. I don't wear them outside the house unless it is to pick up my kids. They kind of remind me of giesha shoes. You know from that movie memories of an giesha. Mine are the Shape-up shoe brand. They also help you posture because your trying to balance yourself.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have MBTs
    They are alright, not sure they are worth the money.
    As a teacher though they have been great for my back on the days I can wear em (usually friday).
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of the Fit Flops. I did buy a pair of MBTs though and actually think they give your legs a pretty good workout. When I'm out for the day I wear them and can really tell the difference. I also wear them on my power walks - it's like you're walking in sand. They are pricey, though: $250.00. But I see them as a piece of gym equipment and an investment in my getting fit.

My 2 cents.