Weight lifting & calories~

Options
I just noticed that MFP automatically records calories burned and adds them to you your food log for Cardio activities but doesn't do that for weight training activities. My research shows that high intensity weight training actually burns more fat (and for a longer duration post work out) than running, jogging, bike riding etc. It kind of blows that they don't figure and average the calorie count per 60 min workout and ad it in to the program

Replies

• LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I log mine under circuit traiing, I start with a pretty good cardio warm up for 20 minutes...then I start with the strenth training. I do minimal rest between exercises, Depends on what I'm doing I will get on the elippectal or bike for a few minutes to keep my heart rate up. When I'm done I finish up with a few more minutes of cardio and then cool down. I am by no means an expert but for someone who has never done this I am seeing rapid results with changes in my body.

Bottom line if you are doing anything similar you can log under circuit training. Good luck!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    There is a weight training activity in the cardio section - I find it underestimates the level of burn for me, but its still there and you can adjust the amount if desired.

Cheers,
  • luke13219
    Options
    If you search strength under cardio it will bring up "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)". I use that to log mine.

EDIT - Beat to it.