Bootcamp for $169 a month worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I can think of no form of instruction worth $169 a month.
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I suggest that if you really want to try it. Hire a trainer for a week to work you at what the class would do. If you like it, then pay the money for at least a month's worth. If you can't afford it month to month, make it an every 6 months type thing where you do it two months out of the year.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I go to LA Fitness and they have free classes like zumba and stuff for $30 a month and plus you get everything else in the gym. Or go get Insanity and do at home!
  • Some gyms offer bootcamp classes daily for free to its members. I know for a fact the Y does bc I work there.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    They paid me to go to boot camp...but that's a different story. For that much money you can get a great at home program that you can use over and over.
    that's what I was thinking, too.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i would not do that BUT if you have a specific goal, and want to do it for a month or so, it might be worth it. i don't think anyone does bootcamp more than 2 or 3 times a wweek, though, you need time to recover.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    always check groupon.com or livingsocial.com they always have fantastic fitness deals. I got a month of bikram yoga $30 a month of bootcamt $35
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Most of the boot camps should give you a free class (or let you pay for just one) before expencting you to pay $160 for a month. Check it out and see if it fits your needs.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can do circuit training on your own. You can buy cheap DVDs and get good workouts. You can try to get involved with sports/activities outside of a gym to meet others interested in various types of working out if you want the group thing. At my local gym, it's $35/month for membership (for a single person) and $3 per boot camp class. You can do it when you choose... and it does make you sweat. Maybe it isn't the general opinion where you live, but to me, $169/month is nuts.