When do the endorphins kick in?

Options
I keep hearing that if you workout long and hard enough eventually you'll get a rush of endorphins. I run an average 50.-7.0 mph, occasionally going up to 10.0 mph and all I end up getting is dizzy. I also tend to feel very anxious and irritable during/after a workout. I'll often feel like I have all this energy, but it's more like nervous energy. It reminds me of the time I took one of my mom's diet pills and just couldn't relax no matter how much i wanted to.

NOTE: Diet pill thing was YEARS ago and I'm never taking another one after that experience.

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am wondering this myself. I was nothing but exhausted after today's workout. I don't get happy or giddy about working out. I do get a little proud of myself for doing it, but it just makes my body feel like jello.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For me personally, it took a few months of exercising regularly before I really think I started to feel the benefits. The last couple months have been amazing...I feel SO happy and positive almost all the time, and I credit a lot of that to exercise.

Now I know that after I work out, I am going to feel incredible the rest of the day. Stick with it...it's true what they say about exercise changing your life. I never knew that taking care of my physical self would have such a huge impact on my mental self.

I hope that answers your question a little bit. :)