Sweaty Running Hair!!

I guess this one is more for the ladies... or the long haired men ;)

My hair is long, thick and curly and i generally only wash it once or twice a week (takes me hours to wash dry and straighten!)

Just wondering if anyone has any magical tricks for sweaty running hair! I hate coming back from a run with a sweaty head as its not possible for me to wash it

I've got dry shampoo, just wondering if there are any other tips out there or anyone else who can relate to my problem!

Replies

• Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    This happens to me as well so would like to know as well. It seems the only place I sweat is from my head!!!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,640 Member
    Just wash your hair and wear it in a ponytail or bun that day. I hate sweaty hair but at least I know I'm getting a good workout lol
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    i've also used the dry shampoo and yeah, it helps SOME. My hair is also thick and curly, and the minute i start to sweat it gets mad frizzy. The only other thing i've used is these Victoria Secret hair refresher wipes. It's like a towelette, and smells great. They worked a little better than the dry shampoo, but not enough to warrant the cost.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    I've found that French braiding helps. If you can, reverse braid your hair, so the braid is on the outside. I love doing that because it keeps my bangs / hair out of my face and it keeps my head a little cooler. I find that sweat doesn't penetrate the braid as much, and you can dry off the excess sweat while it's still braided.
  • ok this is gross--but sometimes I just blowdry my sweaty hair and re-straighten it.
    I have thick, wavy hair, and it gets super dried out from washing it all the time, but as long as I use a protectant on my hair, it's usually fine!
  • ok this is gross--but sometimes I just blowdry my sweaty hair and re-straighten it.
    I have thick, wavy hair, and it gets super dried out from washing it all the time, but as long as I use a protectant on my hair, it's usually fine!

Not gross! i've had to do that too! haha

Or at least sit in front of the fan or aircon!

Glad i'm not just the only one though, and i think people miss the point when i said i only wash my hair about once per week, if i were to wash it then i would only be working out once per week (no joke it takes AT LEAST 2 hours to do my hair)

Just wondering if there are any microfibre headbands etc out there, i have one of the towels to help dry my hair...might have to look into it!
  • I also have thick, wavy hair so I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week including weekends. I do use dry shampoo; however, I also use baby powder on my roots and either blow dry it straight again or I use baby powder on the roots then mousse on the ends to give it that wavy, messy look.