Does anyone else find that stress makes a difference?

Options
Hi there! I'm in the middle of first term finals in university, and I have been working out every day, eating well, etc. The EXACT same way I was in the summer when I lost 20 pounds, but I am not losing any weight.
Someone told me today that this could be because I am so stressed. Is this possible? Does anyone else find that they have more trouble losing when they are in extremely stressful times?
I'm so frustrated and just don't know what to do - I ended up cheating BADLY today because I feel like it just doesn't even matter. I'm wondering if this is something anyone else has found or am I just coming up with excuses for myself?

Replies

• Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump! Anyone?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Too much stress shortens your life.

Dont' ask me how. I saw it on Maury.
  • kelly3779
    kelly3779 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stress absolutely makes a difference. I find that when I am in high stress times that I can work out an hour a day and still not see a difference in my weight. But, I'm also a stress eater so for me the hardest part is to stay under my calories. Good luck on your finals and remember stress will also affect your memory, so work on the material, review, and try not to stress if you can avoid it. (I know thats tough, but you'll get it.) :)
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kelly!! This makes me feel a bit better. I'm definitely a stress eater as well. Though besides today I've managed to keep it under control. I suppose that's why I'm so frustrated - I'm using all my willpower and seeing no results.

And Kiwiburger I'm quite aware. In fact in my Health Sciences courses that I'm studying for, it fully explains why stress shortens you life. Unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that I need these marks ):
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    There are different types of stress. You stress you muscles when you work out. That's good stress. Bad stress will cause complications. But bad stress is different for everyone. Where some don't stress out in bumper to bumper traffic, there will be some that will driven to very stressful levels. So stress does depend on perception.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition