Measurements??

Ok when measureing where does everyone do it? Like for hips I measure where I put my hands on my hips which is also the fattest part of my belly you know right under your belly button about 3-4 inches below it. Is that right or am I wrong? for waist I measure the skinniest part of my stomach. Just wondering if I am doing what I am suppose to do??

Thanks,
Alicia

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I measure the biggest parts, so from the bone on my hips that stick out the furthest on each side, and then my waste, the part that is the biggest usually right dab in the middle, my chest, I do it right in the middle as well.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I measure my hips, my waist (right on the belly button), my bust and right under the bust, and I use to measure each thigh but thats about it. I do it weekly and if I had a great week, I lose about half an inch to an inch from each area expect from my breast area :(
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred challenge and here is where I mesure:

Arm: bigest part of it
    Thigh: biggest part of it
    Waist: smaller part
    Love Handle: include the love handles and the biggest part of my belly (just unter the belly button)
    Hips: Just unter the love handles
    Butt: at the larger of my butt includes the larger part on the side of my thighs

Hope it helps you
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Check out this website, there's a picture that shows you where to measure your waist and hips. It's also got a pretty good body fat % calculator that I recommend you make use of while you're there :)

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member

Love Handle: include the love handles and the biggest part of my belly (just unter the belly button)
    Butt: at the larger of my butt includes the larger part on the side of my thighs

Hope it helps you

I'm doing the 30 day shed too. How is it working for you?
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    When I first started measuring, I made notes on where I was placing the tape. So I have a measurement for my hips, one for my lower belly area, and one for the upper belly. It's more work to measure in so many places, but I'm hoping I'll see more results overall. I'm going to record my measurements every month. :)

I should mention that I have the dreaded "B" belly, so I think it's necessary for me to measure that in parts, separate from my hips.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member

Hope it helps you

I'm doing the 30 day shed too. How is it working for you?

Its going good so far. Today was L2D8, I lost 7 inches and 3.5 lbs in Level 1. So far in Level 2, I lost an other 3 lbs and I'll wait untill I'm done this second level (in 2 days) to mesure myself again. That makes it 6.5 lbs and 7 inches loss in 18 days.

What about you?