Rewarding Yourself.....?

Options
What are some good things to reward yourself when you accomplish a goal? I'm determined to start & finish The 30 Day Shred, but I need some type of motivation. I'm thinking about "rewarding" myself after each level is complete. Any suggestions? Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Here's a few ideas for rewards:

- Cheat meal
    - New clothes
    - Massage/other pampering treatment
    - Buying yourself something useless that you usually can't justify (ornamental trinkets etc)

Hope this helps some?
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes, that helped a lot! I loveeee getting my nails done, so that will be my first reward. Thanks!!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Some ideas I have seen:

Manicure/pedicure
    Massage
    That new haircut/colour you have been wanting
    Pair of shoes

etc. It can be whatever you want, really. Something that you know you will enjoy working towards. For me, I have been struggling with the last 10 pounds (which have now turned back into the last 15, thanks for money and final exam stress). But once I get back to DC after my Christmas with family, I will be working toward a Burberry purse, which I have wanted for YEARS. So that is awesome motivation for me to kick *kitten* to get to my goal, and also to find a Zumba job, because that's where the money will be coming from, lol.

Good luck!
  • _xoxok
    _xoxok Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I deff. need a new pair of running shoes! Such great ideas.. Normally I'd just go out and buy the stuff I want, but that's the easy way out. I need to start EARNING it. & I love Zumba! That's my favorite workout. Good luck to you too :)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a smaller size dress as a reward for losing a set amount of weight. It did help and it continues to help as I showing off my slimmer figure in it. :)
  • TigersFanIndy34
    Options
    bump (seeing some great ideas!)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    That's true too...

I've decided that when i've lost 15kg i will buy myself certain new clothing items, and if i reach it by my wedding in four weeks i'll buy a new dress for the honeymoon :D
  • zer0grams
    Options
    I'm dip-dyeing my hair once I lose the first ten pounds! :)

I wouldn't reward myself with food or a 'cheat' meal - a diet is a new way of life, for life, not forever depriving yourself of what you enjoy, so there should be no way to 'cheat'! Not to mention, you don't want to go putting some of the weight you lost back on :p
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i got new under garments recently and at 130 new clothes and under garments. also maybe a spa day??
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd get myself something I need, especially something fitness related, as a reward. Simply because I think of a reward as being a treat. If you really *need* new running shoes, what's the fun in that? Just my thinking. But you could get yourself something non-essential that is fitness related. I've wanted to try aerial silks for a while, but haven't because it's expensive (and I already have another expensive exercise habit), as a treat, I recently got myself a teaser class, just so I can finally see what it's like.

Also, while I agree with zer0grams that fitness is a new way of life, I feel like even a very healthy, balanced life, involves some indulgence. For treats I will sometimes treat myself to something I wouldn't normally eat. I'll split a nice desert with my husband (before I would have eaten the whole thing for no other reason than I wanted it at that moment); I'll get myself something healthy that I might not normally buy, like fresh berries if they look good but are expensive; or I'll make myself a relatively health food, that I normally wouldn't make myself, like baked apples.