The No-Excuses run NSV

Options
My truest NSV yet. The no-excuses run: ( Well kind of)
It was raining all day yesterday, I was tired, my run the day before went horribly. I had a doctors appointment at 4pm I get out of work at 3pm. I had my bf park my car 3 miles from work so I could run there and then drive back for my appointment. It was getting close to 3pm...still raining. The excuses and negotiations started pouring in. I can go to my appt and then run after work, maybe the rain will slow down. I can go get on the treadmill, this time I will really do it. My legs hurt from yesterday. blah blah blah. I gathered my change of clothes and went down stairs to change. I forgot my pants. Right then would have usually been the proverbial straw, but no (not that I didn't think twice) I decided I would run in my scrub pants. It actually worked out quite well. Not only did I run in the pouring rain, and sore muscles; It was my fastest time yet. 35:56 pace of 12:08. Fastest mile 10:38. I am getting there! :) I think I might run home today too! :)

Replies

• noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You're a freaking ROCK STAR! I love those NSVs!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I tell 'ya what ... that's GREAT! Yea, you!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Addictive isn't it!!! Well done :)
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!! I wish I could still wear scrubs...it did make it easier to drop everything and exercise fairly comfortably. Way to go!!
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I said I'd go to the gym yesterday after work. So instead, I met up with my daughter and two grandchildren in a cafe. I then did some shopping, went and filled the car with petrol and went to another place to put air in the tyres. For all this time a voice was saying "It was hard yesterday, maybe you need a break from the gym." I almost drove past the leisure centre and straight on home, but forced myself to go in. It went ok!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!