Strength training?

Options
2»

Replies

• jimmyfoxca
    Options
    Bumping for later!

What does Bumping mean. When used on a message board that is :)
  • december8teen
    Options
    Bumping for later!

Bumping so that you can check back on the thread later directly from your profile. Saves you all the trouble by searching the message board again. :)
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Others have given great tips to help out! ST is really important, but so is cardio. I was doing the opposite: working with weights and little or no cardio... when I started mixing it into my routine I was amazed! It really re-booted my metabolism and the pounds started dropping. Good luck, you are on the right (and most effective) track! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'd rather spend an hour lifting weights than an hour on a treadmill or machine. I do cardio minimally. I think you can acheive a lot by doing body weight exercises for starters. Push-ups, Pull-ups (starting with 1 or 2 is nothing to be ashamed of), squats, plyos... you can start adding your dumbbells when you're more comfortable. You can do a lot @ home with just your dumbbells and you might want to get a stability ball. As you progress, you may want to join a gym and start using heavier weights and other machines. Once you start leaning out, weight lifting can possibly become the best addiction ever. Say bye, bye to muffin tops!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    When training for strength I like to do a 3 day split arms/shoulders, chest/back, legs/abs 3 exercises per muscle group 3 sets of as much as I can do for 3-5 reps if I can complete 5 reps then I bump it up the next time.
  • jimmyfoxca
    Options
    Bumping for later!

Bumping so that you can check back on the thread later directly from your profile. Saves you all the trouble by searching the message board again. :)

Great. Thanks! Now, how do I do that?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - some VERY helpful responses here :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!

Great. Thanks! Now, how do I do that?

you just did, now this topic can be found under "My Topics"