Hello

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Trudy and I was diagnosed in Sept. as having Type 11 Diabeties. I'd really rather lose the weight and exercise. However my diet is ok, but I'm not able to exercise like I want to because I had foot surgery nine weeks ago. My weight loss is holding at about 11 pounds. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get some more weight off. Diet tips, and recepies for diabetics. It's been tough here at work because everyone is bringing in a lot of goodies to eat, but I haven't touched a one of them. ;) Thanks!!

Replies

• staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bumping this for ya Momma Jo
  • ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done on losing 11 lbs, and on resisting all the seasonal food that's around! I'm no expert on diabetes, but I do know that exercises where you get your arms above your head (eg with some weights in 'em) raise your heart-rate. So if you can stand and eg squat you should be able to do some fairly aerobic stuff. Was also wondering if after 9 weeks whther you would be ok on an exercise bike with your foot well strapped up? - Obviously don;t if you're not meant to, but it's non- weight bearing (although you still flex your foot and ankle).

Good luck!! 8)