Help, lost the will and put on 14lbs. What do I do lol.

Options
i need real help as my motivation has nose dived. I was 18.4 stone and managed to get down to 15.8 or 219lbs but have not excersized for months as my motivation has just gone. I'm really gutted as i lost so much and then just stopped. i am not sure how to get motivated again.

HELP!!!

Ian.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    i need real help as my motivation has nose dived. I was 18.4 stone and managed to get down to 15.8 or 219lbs but have not excersized for months as my motivation has just gone. I'm really gutted as i lost so much and then just stopped. i am not sure how to get motivated again.

HELP!!!

Ian.
    Honestly you have to really want it. If you don't, no motivating lines or encouragement matters.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    What kind of hobbies do you have? Do love watching TV? Do love playing computer games? Both will cause you to gain weight. TV will b/c even if you're not watching cake boss and whatnot, every other commercial flashes burgers and fries in your face. stimulating hunger. Computer games are even worse, they trick your brain into thinking you're active/stressed. So it releases cortisol, and makes you feel more hungry and lazier.

If you want to be motivated, change your interests. During your free time at work try reading fitness sights like runners world instead of ESPN. That way when you get home you'll want to exercise instead of watching football highlights. And don't watch a lot of TV or play computer games.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more thing. Did you lose weight mainly by counting calories? Or did you also change your food choices? It's possible to lose weight by just reducing your calories. But if you still eat garbage food (i.e., any kind of man-made carbs, fast food, sweets, etc.) you're going to eventually get sick of counting calories and gain the weight back. It's more important to making choosing healthy foods as your top priority, and then making calorie counting your 2nd priority.
  • iancburgess
    iancburgess Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have been a way for christmas and thankfully haven't put a massive amount of weight. I think that I need to listen to what you are saying. I am eating a mix of healthy and not so healthy foods. I think for me i am frustrated that i just stopped almost over night and put weight back on. Thats the frustration and I think that it fuels my eating crap too lol.