what happened to my motivation?

Options
I don' t know what has happened to the motivation that I had to give myself a healthy lifestyle! I know that part of the reason that I started working out and eating better was to look good for my wedding. But I thought that I would be able to keep that lifestyle up after the wedding but I just havnt been able to! I will start to do pretty good with the eating healthy but then my co-workers (both who are over weight) will bring in something super bad for me and I just cant help but eat some of it. Like, this morning my boss brought ion doughnuts and I tried to pass them up but after sitting on the counter for 1/2 hour I took one, then about 20 minutes later I took another one! And now I am so mad at myself! I used to not have a problem passing them up! Also, my 2 year old son has taken to sleeping with me and so now I dont workout because I used to work out after he went to bed but for some reason I cant get him to sleep in his room anymore!!
Okay, sorry about the complaing but I just had to get this off my chest and maybe putting it out here and hearing from some other people will get me motivated again! :happy:

Replies

• helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    what did you enjoy most about losing weight? Did you enjoy comments, little NSVs, being able to run up the stairs. Have a word with yourself and ask why. Why do you want to keep it up, what did you enjoy, why did you enjoy that, how did it make you feel. Use tomorrow to start again from fresh and keep visualising what you want to achieve. It's all about mental wellbeing as well I think. This site is amazing for support and motivation. Just keep making healthy choices until you're ready to go at it again. And maybe set yourself a new goal
    You have done amazing, keep up the great work!!!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    what did you enjoy most about losing weight? Did you enjoy comments, little NSVs, being able to run up the stairs. Have a word with yourself and ask why. Why do you want to keep it up, what did you enjoy, why did you enjoy that, how did it make you feel. Use tomorrow to start again from fresh and keep visualising what you want to achieve. It's all about mental wellbeing as well I think. This site is amazing for support and motivation. Just keep making healthy choices until you're ready to go at it again. And maybe set yourself a new goal
    You have done amazing, keep up the great work!!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    try getting your son back into his room so you can work out again, better for both of you! this will help tremendously with motivation. you probably arent sleeping well either.
  • seanlilly
    seanlilly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If I could just make a suggestion.. keep up your food/excercise tracking and change what you don't like.. at least you'll have an honest picture of whats going on.. and as for kids in the bed.. mine is 4 and I miss the time he was 2.. try to enjoy it just a bit.. but you will have to get him back in his bed..
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My child has been going through this too. As much I as loved snuggling her, she was really messing up my sleep. So I had to be firm and put her in her own bed. She didn't like it and cried it out for a few days but then she learned that this is just how it is now. I put a child safety handle on the inside of her door to keep her in. No food or drink an hour before bedtime, potty before bed, stories, songs, and I'll see you in the morning.

As far as motivation, sometimes you just need a little time off to reboot. You are probably bored. Look for new recipes and new exercises and set some small goals for yourself and see if that helps :)
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think you hit the same wall most people do when they make a goal weight associated with an event (been there done that many times). My opinion is that these types of goals set you up for long term failure because they aren't realistic.
    Put that behind you now. Make a fresh start today.
    Make a new goal for yourself. In fact make several new goals for yourself. I personally suggest that they ARE NOT associated with weight. Instead make them be something tangible, something that will measure your healthy lifestyle.
    For example my Ultimate Healthy Lifestyle Goal is to spend a weekend hiking the appalachian trail. For me that will measure that I have reached a healthy weight and fitness level. But I need other tangible measures to approach that. So here are just a few examples of mine: walk a 22 minute mile; size 22 pants; 4 mile hike; climb 2 flights of stairs....etc you get the picture.
    I made a chart and date each achievement. I still weigh in and chart my weight loss but my healthy lifestyle goal list actually means more to me. If I have a week that I gain weight it doesn't bother me any more because I am focused on the big picture now and not some short term thing.
    I don't starve myself. I eat all the veggies & fruits I want. I eat the way I am going to eat for the rest of my life. It has become a whole mind shift. That is something that never happened with the short term goals.
    I hope this helps you some. Just keep on trying and don't give up.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think it gets harder the closer you get to your goal.... It's more difficult to lose as quickly as your body has adjusted to being a lower weight. Also, "knowing" you have achieved so much, it's easy to let yourself believe that "just one..(or two, or three) cheats", won't make a difference. Add that to you son's change in sleeping habits, and it can just be overwhelming.

You can do it though! Each day is a new opportunity. Next time you can't resist a doughnut, and instead of eating it all at once, try break it into little pieces, and make it last.... (maybe by then, everyone else will have eaten the rest of them!). Or keep healthy snacks with you, and pop one in your mouth when the bad-for-you snacks appear... Every day won't be perfect, but it's your overall effort that will make the difference.

You have done amazingly well, and I have no doubt you will reach and maintain your goal!
  • lisaloo85
    Options
    Thanks guys, it really helps to hear the motivation and support from all of you!