Oh No! Whoppers! Part 2

Options

Replies

• Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Awesome! But I hope you know that I'm going to buy a car now and eat a BK in it
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can indulge, but everything is in moderation! Do not deprive yourself of wonderful tid bits the world has to offer... just be SMART about it all. Good and Bad. Excess of either equals no bueno results... over time. BTW... BK is giving away free fries tomorrow. FREE FRIES FRIDAY! EEK! :drinker:

#1 - anything free is amazing!
    #2 - I whole heartedly agree that you can eat that "bad" stuff but only every once in a while! I don't know about anyone else but when I go back to eat some of the foods I used to, they just don't taste nearly as good as I remember them tasting.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

Well, today's weigh-in results: 4.6 pounds lost since smashing those two Whoppers!

I did not starve myself since then either, averaging 1,648 calories a day. My exercise burn has been an average of 477 a day. Granted, some of the loss may have been water weight, or what have you -- but I still managed to lose some weight.

Moral of the story? It is possible to lose weight and achieve your goals, while indulging in "bad" food in moderation.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRnVFzLCGZPAny09bBzrlhIe8PU1AmLlHbk0aeYcYUoJMqlW8n

Great Job EEG!
  • Jones4177
    Options
    I was in a biggest loser contest about a year ago and I ate Wendy's for a whole week. Ended up losing 3 lbs.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible to lose weight while eating anything if you track your calories and exercise. The problem will be what happens when you reach your goals and stop counting calories? Do you really think you're going to maintain your weight loss if you regularly eat Whoppers? Food like that is addictive! The more you eat, the more you crave it. Indulging once in awhile is fine, but don't make it a habit.

Then there's the other issue with fast food. It's made from hormone/antibiotic grown meat, saturated with preservatives, and seasoned with chemicals (literally, Mcdonalds and Burger king use artificial chemicals for taste). Why put that garbage into your body?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Love it! You don't have to totally deprive yourself of things you enjoy to be successful. Well done!

ETA: I've been saving up this week for a date night on Saturday - can't decide if we're going to have fried chicken with mac and cheese at a restaurant that doesn't even give out nutritional info, or italian.....
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible to lose weight while eating anything if you track your calories and exercise. The problem will be what happens when you reach your goals and stop counting calories? Do you really think you're going to maintain your weight loss if you regularly eat Whoppers? Food like that is addictive! The more you eat, the more you crave it. Indulging once in awhile is fine, but don't make it a habit.

Then there's the other issue with fast food. It's made from hormone/antibiotic grown meat, saturated with preservatives, and seasoned with chemicals (literally, Mcdonalds and Burger king use artificial chemicals for taste). Why put that garbage into your body?

Who says we're going to stop counting calories when we get to our goals? We're going to be at this FOREVER. Haha just kidding, not all of us. Some of us will likely stick around for awhile or perhaps come back on occasion to stay on track. Just b/c the guy has a couple of whoppers doesn't mean he's going to start eating 14 a day after he hits his goal weight, though. LOL
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Do you use toothpaste? Deoderant? Laundry detergent? Use any scented products, to include perfume? All of these things contain harmful chemicals. Some you ingest, some you just rub all over your body. Mentally being healthy is part of a healthy lifestyle too, and if a burger once in a while helps you to feel happier, then you should do it. If you don't enjoy a burger, but a piece of chocolate, glass of wine, massage, walk, ___(Insert almost anything else) keeps you mentally happy and refreshed, that helps your overall well being too.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible to lose weight while eating anything if you track your calories and exercise. The problem will be what happens when you reach your goals and stop counting calories? Do you really think you're going to maintain your weight loss if you regularly eat Whoppers?
    I plan to always be mindful of my caloric intake. One has to, if they plan to maintain their weight. Did I say that I would eat Whoppers regularly? Let's see... Looks like I wrote: "It is possible to lose weight and achieve your goals, while indulging in "bad" food in moderation."

My goal is too eventually be able to gauge my caloric intake without MFP. A great example of someone that used MFP to learn how to watch his caloric intake, lose a ton of weight, and has been able to keep losing weight without logging everyday is this guy: 344pounds.com.
    Food like that is addictive! The more you eat, the more you crave it. Indulging once in awhile is fine, but don't make it a habit.
    I've eaten fast food on and off for a good part of my life, and managed to avoid being "addicted" to it, physically or psychologically. Also, indulging in "chemical-laden" fast food in moderation will not kill me. Tell you what -- I'll check back in 30 years. Deal?
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    EEG, you rock my socks off!!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can indulge, but everything is in moderation! Do not deprive yourself of wonderful tid bits the world has to offer... just be SMART about it all. Good and Bad. Excess of either equals no bueno results... over time. BTW... BK is giving away free fries tomorrow. FREE FRIES FRIDAY! EEK! :drinker:

#2 - I whole heartedly agree that you can eat that "bad" stuff but only every once in a while! I don't know about anyone else but when I go back to eat some of the foods I used to, they just don't taste nearly as good as I remember them tasting.

It has been proven that they put crack in free fast food so that you will become addicted to it and need it more and more. You know that this thread is going to lead to everyone on MFP going on a Whopper binge, then eating them every day, 3 times a day until they die...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options

It has been proven that they put crack in free fast food so that you will become addicted to it and need it more and more. You know that this thread is going to lead to everyone on MFP going on a Whopper binge, then eating them every day, 3 times a day until they die...

Well, that explains things! :laugh:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You must have good genetics.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this...I plan on taking advantage of a Chili's coupon for FREE Chips and Queso tonight...and I plan to lose weight this week as well.

<
    living in the REAL WORLD
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    and don't forget this friday is FREE FRIES FRIDAY at BK.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

THAT'S AWESOME!
  • reaolliemama
    Options

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I had my two last Saturday - they were great.

Maybe next free day I'll have some other treat. I can recall a time when I'd have been in there twice a day for as long as the special was going. My poor wife used to be so supportive of my attempts by preparing healthy dinners that I'd turn my nose up to and actually eat at some fast food dive on the way home.

Gee, you should be losing weight....maybe it's just your genetics :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When I finally got serious, these compulsions left, and all is well. I can enjoy a treat without blowing the whole program.
    That's living!
  • reaolliemama
    Options

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: