Calories burned decorating??

Options
A site I've just used has calculated I have burned 963 calories for painting the house for 4 hours today ...seems an awful lot .(I actually painted for around 6) ...My neck muscles are in agony (this is day 2 of the painting) and my arthritic hands are saying woa ....what you doing to us?!!

Ive just got to work out I hope what is a resonable amount to eat of these excercise cals.....A medieval feast might be on the menu !!!

Anyone know what a good estimate to use instead of their reckoning would be?

I still have my cals from this mornings swim to eat as well!! A total of around 2000 left if I agree with the 963.

Replies

• chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A site I've just used has calculated I have burned 963 calories for painting the house for 4 hours today ...seems an awful lot .(I actually painted for around 6) ...My neck muscles are in agony (this is day 2 of the painting) and my arthritic hands are saying woa ....what you doing to us?!!

Ive just got to work out I hope what is a resonable amount to eat of these excercise cals.....A medieval feast might be on the menu !!!

Anyone know what a good estimate to use instead of their reckoning would be?

I still have my cals from this mornings swim to eat as well!! A total of around 2000 left if I agree with the 963.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Most of those online calorie calculators are extremely messed. Take is a bonus toward your loss and call it a day. Every activity doesn't require a refueling.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you want to count the calories count maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of what the average is.

When I first moved into my home and I painted the whole house I counted just under half the amount of calories that the calculator said.