Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 19

Options
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
It's too early for a Saturday morning! My 3 year old has his first basketball practice at 8:30 down in town (an hour away) though so we need to get a move on!

Okay, so after my need for a change yesterday I went ahead and made myself a little chart to track my bike riding, my dvd/show workout, and my water consumption (another area I've been slacking on). There are 21 boxes to fill in for a week and if I fill at least 20 then I get to buy myself a new piece of clothing. So far so good. I rode my bike last night for 36 minutes at a moderate pace, I did the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD on level 1, and I drank all of my water. Anyone else do that Power Sculpt workout? I really didn't feel challenged with it. I'll try level 1 with my heavier hand weights to see if that helps, I guess.

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Everyone have a GREAT, exercise filled weekend!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    It's too early for a Saturday morning! My 3 year old has his first basketball practice at 8:30 down in town (an hour away) though so we need to get a move on!

Okay, so after my need for a change yesterday I went ahead and made myself a little chart to track my bike riding, my dvd/show workout, and my water consumption (another area I've been slacking on). There are 21 boxes to fill in for a week and if I fill at least 20 then I get to buy myself a new piece of clothing. So far so good. I rode my bike last night for 36 minutes at a moderate pace, I did the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt DVD on level 1, and I drank all of my water. Anyone else do that Power Sculpt workout? I really didn't feel challenged with it. I'll try level 1 with my heavier hand weights to see if that helps, I guess.

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Everyone have a GREAT, exercise filled weekend!
    Niccole
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Did did 75 minutes of Taebo yesterday and barely made it through. I usually don't work out on the weekends, but I might do a little something today if my body wil get up and move! I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • QuilterMom9
    Options
    Hi:
    I just weighed myself and checked my progress since I started with this site (Dec 26/07) and so far I have lost 11 pounds! Woo hoo!

I have my "diet" calculated to lose 1.5 lbwk but when I joined Valentine's Challenge I immediately changed my goal to 2 lb/wk and guess what - I was eating more than when it was set to 1.5, so back it went and even though it gave me about 200 calories more, it makes the "diet" easier to follow. I have discovered by entering everything I eat that I am a snackaholic! I suspected as much but now it's on paper there is no denying it any longer. So, that is my next bad habit to conquer.

I am aiming for 10 off by Valentine's.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did something fun.

You know the feeling of when your odometer flips from 99,999 to 00000? I did that on the elliptical, so I had 0 steps total after an hour. I did my 10 minutes of stretching too.

Great job Niccole! a wonderful idea.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OOOOH, Niccole, I'm going to make a chart, too. With spring coming (someday. . .) I'll need new clothes.

I'm going to do water, weights (yep, still hate 'em)and spin class.

I've changed my "days" for my workouts. I had to move spinning from mwf, to trs and it's hard. I had no idea I was such a supremely habitual individual. My gym added hour-long spin classes on Tu, Th, Sa, so I'm trying to do that now. I need incentive for my new routine.

Today is spinning for an hour, and walking to the gym and back.

Happy weekend, all! ! !
    V.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    p.s. Niccole, I would try it with heavier weights if the movement's aren't too fast. If you're picking up young kids all the time, a 5 lb dumbell will feel like nothing. I just upped to 10 pounds, and I am doing less reps.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rebasmart
    Options
    What is the Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Had to work today so only did 30 minutes of snowshoeing. Let's see, the fitness challenge was supposed to give a place to post what we did for exercise presumably to keep us motivated? Did I get it right guys if not please feel free to correct me.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    :drinker: I am officially taking today off! :drinker: The last time I didn't exercise was last Friday so I think I'm entitled. Will jump back on the wagon tomorrow & will hopefully get out to take our little one sledding...
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    my back was really painful when I woke up this morning so I gave myself an extra hour in bed while painkillers kicked in then it was too late to do the elliptical and I just got on with housework haven't walked the dogs either but we did go shopping and I parked at the top of a steep hill and we forgot the pushchair so I had to carry my daughter so it hasn't been a total waste of a day. Diet has been a struggle today my husband wanted crusty rolls with ham my favorite but quite high in calories so I had 1/2 instead of a whole 1 delicious but spent all afternoon so hungry gave in when we were in the supermarket and bought some grapes and I have eaten nearly the whole bag ooops. Had a healthy dinner homemade chilli fries (part boiled potatoes for 3 mins salt pepper and chilli flakes a smidge of olive oil and in the oven till crispy) real healthy and delicious.

Not a bad day really suppose it is healthy to loosen the reins every now and then.

Had a quick weigh in this morn 3lbs lost not my official day till tues so hopefully 1 more would do nicely.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: