Here to change the change that started the change.

Options
Back in June 2011, I once again started tackling my weight “problem”. I was 6’at 244 pounds and so I started cutting carbs and running relentlessly. I would stay under 30 grams of carb a day and my runs were 4.5 miles in 45 minutes, 5 days a week.
In the meantime, my wife (Severa832) started MFP that was actually suggested from a wonderful work colleague who has had wonderful results so far(emilton12). My wife had tried the low carb in the past but it didn’t work out for her. But as of today she has lost a great deal using MFP since last June.

Well, I can’t say exactly that the low carb diet hasn’t worked out for me as I weighed in at 200 pounds on November 11th….the very day that we left to go on our 7 day cruise.

Long story short, I gained 19 pounds on our cruise. I am not making this up either. I hit the scale when we got back to confirm the damage report….yep…19 pounds registered on the scale November 22nd. Its safe to say that I REALLY enjoyed myself on the cruise… Bacardi Select and coke daily/nightly, access to wonderful food 24/7 not to mention the ethnic foods of our ports…margaritas in Mexico….yeah incase you were wondering…IT EQUALS 19 POUNDS!!!! ;)

Well, now that I am 215 pounds as of 2 days ago, I am changing up the diet. I am no longer going with the low carb as it would seem that there is more to learn from using MFP. I am not completely bummed over vacation and the weight gained since. I am however struggling at the moment to start running again being that I have not done so since before I left for vacation. Another concern, to which I will accept, is that I am under the impression that despite starting MFP, I might gain more being that I am changing up diets.

So, just wanted to say “Hi” and that looking over some of what you guys and gals have accomplished is unbelievable! Hope to be on yalls band wagon soon!

-Severa

PS…Have not had a chance to upload pics yet but I will.

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place and poised for some great progress.

I recall our cruise - OMG!
    It was a food orgy. I never ate so much in my life, but after every feeding, I'd spend an hour walking up and down the stairs up and down the decks, and after 7 days on the water - eating and eating...

I only gained 5 lbs; that's it. And I was eating about 10 times each day, and I mean eating - not snacking, nibbling or just having a quick bite...I mean eating until you hurt - 10 times.

I wonder what my dairy would have looked like?

Anyway, again, you are doing fine, on the right track and can do this.
  • Severa25
    Options
    " I'd spend an hour walking up and down the stairs up and down the decks"

Yeah, this wasn't an option for me. I woud have been staggering up the steps, and that was not due to the motion of the boat. Lets just say Captain Morgan had NOTHING on me!

And yeah, I feel ya on the eating. Was never a nibble but more of an inhailation of food. There was alot of bad side effects too having "carbing out daily", to which I don't care to give details other than lots of stomach pains.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I just need to get back in the saddle and carry on with the feeling of new security of being a part of MFP.