Just tell me Exactly what to eat & When...

Options
I've been doining Insanity since Nov. 21st during my lunch hour @ wk. Then when I get home from work since I like to work out w/my husband a couple days a week I do a P90X lift routine either Shoulders & Arms, Legs & Back or Core.

My diet is pretty tight in my opinion. I just wish someone could look @ what I eat & tell me what to add & what I should drop. Here's a sample...

Today's meals

7:30am Brkfst 4 egg whites 1 yolk 1 slice whole grain toast w/minimal amount of real butter some type of frozen or fresh veg.

10:30am Pre wkout 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup white rice

1:00 Post wkout 1 scoop Champion Nutrition Cookies & Cream protein shake

1:30 Lunch 1/2 cup whole grain pasta in olive oil w/red pepper, garlic, walnuts & chicken & green beans

3:30 Drive home Snack - 1/4 cup of mixed salted nuts Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Brazil & Hazel Nuts - I added golden raisins & a string cheese

4:30 Get home & work out

5:30 Post wkout 1 scoop Champion Nutrition Cookies & Cream protein shake

6:30 Dinner Grilled Blacken Salmon & 1/2 cup frozen or fresh veg

Replies

• MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What is your problem with your diet? Why drove you to seek help/advice? :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    How many calories is that? Working out that much and eating that little isn't a good thing and could be hindering weight loss.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what are your stats and goals?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Stick it into a day in your food diary. If the numbers it adds up to are close to the numbers in your goals, you win!
  • kiwipearls
    Options
    Just eat what you like and want to eat. As long as you exercise weekly all is fine.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If this is what you eat every day, awesome, but guess what...the body doesn't like to eat the same exact things every single day.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Looks like tons of protein and low carbs. Do you have enough energy for your workouts? The body needs carbs for fuel.

Pam
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    If this is what you eat every day, awesome, but guess what...the body doesn't like to eat the same exact things every single day.
    Untrue. The body doesn't discriminate on how food in broken down and used. It's the person who doesn't like to eat the same things everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Qarol
    Options
    Untrue. The body doesn't discriminate on how food in broken down and used. It's the person who doesn't like to eat the same things everyday.

IDEA Fitness member
    I'm sad to be disputed by such a person as yourself. I had followed this advice......
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    what are your stats and goals?

This

And have you run it by your best friend? (IFBB pro) She prob knows you best of all and may be able to assist you better.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    I'm sad to be disputed by such a person as yourself. I had followed this advice......
    Lol, I eat pretty systematically if I'm "cutting" because then I don't have to worry about over/under eating and prep is easy.
    Think about other animals. They pretty much eat the same exact foods daily. We're different only because we have so many different options on food preparation and choice.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Qarol
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Lol, I eat pretty systematically if I'm "cutting" because then I don't have to worry about over/under eating and prep is easy.
    Think about other animals. They pretty much eat the same exact foods daily. We're different only because we have so many different options on food preparation and choice.

IDEA Fitness member
    You make a lot of sense. So if I eat the same dam* thing every day, it shouldn't matter? It's only psychological if I eat something different? I try to vary what I eat to keep it interesting, but I'm given a hard time for my diet in general, as it's low carb.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    anecdotal evidence: I've eaten the same thing weekdays for a long time (just mixing up my types of peanut butter) & has never hindered weight loss or gain. At the end of the day, our bodies see the macronutrients ingested from various foods not what type of foods they are.