Workout DVD's

Options
Ok - I tried Insanity and it is just not for me - I have tried it a couple of times and yeah - I need a different workout video to try. I don't really have more than 45 minutes to dedicate to doing a workout eachday, so I need something that is going to work in that amount of time. Some people have recommended The Firm, 30 Day Shred, and a few others - but I need more recommendations please. I want to make the right choice (especially since some are kind of pricey). Any that you are doing now or would highly recommend would be great. Thank you!!!

Replies

• hhuntley82
    hhuntley82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really like Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. You can find them on www.beachbody.com. Also Billy Blanks- Pt247 workouts are 30 mins.
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much of the Jillian Michaels DVD - 6 week six pack; Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism; No More Trouble Zones; and yoga meltdown.. I also like Bob Harper -- Cardio Conditioning; Totally ripped Core; personal training with Jackie - Power Circuit Training by Jackie Warner
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I liked biggest loser cardio max and 30 day shred. If you have Netflix you can rent workout DVDs from there and keep hem as long as you want!
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    I just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and it only takes 20 minutes.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels banish fat boost metabolism. love it. I fast forward through the floor work to make it shorter (45 min).
  • sarahs440
    Options
    30 day shred, all the way!!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i can honestly say jillian michaels anything is amazing NOT EASY but it works if you stick to it , and also one i like is walk away the lbs i dont know her name but it is really good you do a certain amt of miles and work it up ..and also i love classic tai bo lol
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    oh and everybody swears up and down @ my job about p90x
    but its pricey
  • atashby14
    atashby14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree. Jillian's DVDs are great! I have a 5 disc box set...it was pretty inexpensive on Amazon.
  • myshell26
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred, but it is really hard. I have Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pound ultimate collection. I really like this one because you can choose how many miles you walk and the range from 30 minutes to and hour. It is more than just walking in place so its like low impact aerobics. I also really like Violet Zaki's Cardio Kickboxing for Weight Loss.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Go to your local library and check them out for free. Or go to a public school or university library.
  • MoNiCaMaRieV
    MoNiCaMaRieV Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels dvds are good like others have said.. i just got turbo Fire and Brazil butt lift from beachbody.com i love them both turbo fire is so fun and challenging! i dont regret getting either one of them =)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've got the Supreme 90 Day DVD's and they are 30-45 minutes, $20 for the set and they always leave me huffing/puffing and feeling like I've been through the ringer.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    30 day shred & ripped in 30 are the 2 I have tried..love them both and they were $10 each
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    I have tried Insanity ... I can't get into it. I am addicted to P90x though. :smile: I am looking for kettlebell DVDs now ... I might try Bob Harper's.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    All the Jillian Michaels DVD's I've tried are good. Ripped in 30 is sort of the new, updated version of 30 Day Shred. If you have Comcast Cable, they are offering 30 Day Shred on-demand for free.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you have Comcast (maybe direct tv offers it too)- On Demand you can get all kinds of workout videos and do as many as you want!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Go to your local library and check them out for free. Or go to a public school or university library.

This! This is what I do to see if I like them before I buy them. Every one here is saying Jillian and there is a reason for that! They are good!!! I love the ones I have done and I also LOVE LOVE LOVE The Biggest Loser dvds...any of them really but My favs so far are the weight loss yoga with Bob ( I <3 BOB!) and power sculpt and cardio max. These are older ones and there are lots of new ones and you can find them in stores or on Amazon.com anywhere from like $5-$15ish depending...Jillian and Bob are no joke!
  • lekeenom
    lekeenom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    walk away the pounds works for me, since i am rhythmly challenged. it also helps for the amount of space i have to work with. and i can take the short trip or go longer. biggest loser also has a version i like.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    love the idea about checking them out at library and you can you-tube most of them and they give you like a 10 minute clip!
    I love turbo jam and billy blanks dvd's.........