How DOES normal dating work these days

Options

Replies

• Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't know personally. All I've ran into lately are "ladies" who claim they want a relationship but are really just trying to score free meals from as many guys, concurrently, that they can. When they find out I don't play that game they take off.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    The way I think it works now is you log onto myfitnesspal.com and hit up the forums, get on a few crush lists, and voila! You can haz date!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how she's "Trying to set up a second date."

That right there seems... wrong.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    The way I think it works now is you log onto myfitnesspal.com and hit up the forums, get on a few crush lists, and voila! You can haz date!

LOL didn't get any dates from MFP
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am afraid she flubbed this one, if he was interested I really don't think he would have hesitated to make a second date. I think her eagerness is unattractive......................so's the hickey.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    ***disclaimer, I have no interest in dating anybody lol****

I've got this friend, and she's a little nuts. She went on this date, had a great first date.
    Now she's trying to set up a second date(not even a week later) dude is like "we'll see" which personally seems pretty normal from what I can remember back when dinosaurs roamed.

And she is flipping out "oh well, onto the next guy..I'm not playing these games"

I don't think this dude is playing games, she probably smothered the poor guy.

Plus she showed up at the first date trying to hide a hickey. lol

Sorry, but he's done with her.

Move on.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'd say he's not interested and I personally would never ask a guy out on any kind of date (1st, 2nd, 5th)....men like the chase, not what's laid out in front of them with a neon "pick me please" sign.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    honestly what 33 year old gets or gives hickeys anymore? Skeevy!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Dating sucks.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    what's a date?

lol.
    :wink:

yep...that's what I was gonna say.
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    people meet at a certain location. then they tweet each other instead of talking.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Your friend sounds a little bat *kitten* crazy from this little information we have. And I would know, cause I'm full out bat *kitten* crazy. It's unfortunate, really.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Your friend sounds a little bat *kitten* crazy from this little information we have. And I would know, cause I'm full out bat *kitten* crazy. It's unfortunate, really.

I was thinking more like desperate, which is a turn off...
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    lol NEXT...

anyway, there's no guarantee, you can have someone asking for a second date several times on a first and it still never plays out...
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've never "dated" traditionally. I hang out with my friends and do whatever I feel like doing. Then I end up falling for a friend, usually. I think "normal" dating is really %^&$#ing weird, personally. Trying to establish a "romantic" connection with a stranger? Weird weird weird.

And as for your friend: b*tches be crazy, yo.
    (myself included).

^ Agree
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    In my very limited experience (a whole 3 dates in a year and a half) a guy will arrange something if he is interested, sounds like a nice brush off to me. Maybe he sensed her slight crazy??
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Well, in my book if a guy say "we'll see", it mean don't think about it. Guy that want to be with you will make the time and will schedule the next date.

Next
    ^ This. The guy probably saw the hickey and doesn't want to date someone who is playing the field. Unless of course he's a player too.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

LOL didn't get any dates from MFP

Me neither
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

I've got this friend, and she's a little nuts. She went on this date, had a great first date.
    Now she's trying to set up a second date(not even a week later) dude is like "we'll see" which personally seems pretty normal from what I can remember back when dinosaurs roamed.

And she is flipping out "oh well, onto the next guy..I'm not playing these games"

She gave him the hickey and wants to give him another but, he won't let her so now she's mad.:brokenheart:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options

I think she has her first and last date with that guy at the same time....

^ ^ ^ Yep. He's definately not interested... probably noticed the hickey. LOL!