Christmas Traditions?

Options
christy_frank
christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
What are your families Christmas Traditions?

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have a nice quiet Christmas Eve to ourselves. I make a pork roast and veggies and we watch Christmas Vacation and laugh like it's the first time we've seen it.

Christmas morning I make egg nog French toast and we drive 100 miles to my parent's house. We do gifts with them and go on to my in-laws to do gifts with them. (they live 1/2 hr apart). In the afternoon we all sit down to a Christmas dinner.

Simple. Relaxing.

This year I'm making a Meyer lemon cake. :)
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sitting around the pole, awaiting the Feats of Strength and the always popular Airing of Grievances...
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Christmas morning I make egg nog French toast .......... In the afternoon we all sit down to a Christmas dinner.

Simple. Relaxing.

See you on the 25th then, sounds great
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Christmas morning I make egg nog French toast .......... In the afternoon we all sit down to a Christmas dinner.

Simple. Relaxing.

See you on the 25th then, sounds great

You are more than welcome. However, it's in Western MA...so you would have to travel quite far!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    We start the morning off with either bagels and cream cheese, or smoked salmon and maybe a glass of champagne, We have had our stocking gifts and we start cooking the turkey etc then at 11 or so we have a coffee and some baileys and gather round the tree to pass out the presents, by the time we finish, the turkey is usually ready and I get cracking on the rest of the dinner. We all sit down as a family, have crackers, have a bottle or two of champagne and enjoy our meal together. Then in the evening we play games like charades and monopoly. It's all rather jolly.