Healthy Appetizer to bring to a Christmas Party?

Options
meredithashton
meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
:happy: Hey everyone!

I am going to a Christmas Party tomorrow with all my friends and I am sure there is going to be a lot of not-so-healthy food there and of course the BEVERAGES! Anyways, I offered to bring an appetizer and I want to bring something that I can actually eat and not feel guilty about...but I also don't want to bring, like, a veggie tray because I am sure that I will be the only one eating THAT!

Any suggestions/recipes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE this recipe. And its SO easy.

http://www.thelovelycupboard.com/2011/09/5-layer-greek-dip.html

Add on whatever other veggies you want.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This isn't a recipe, but you could get a shrimp cocktail ring at the grocery.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    double post
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The tuna and cucumber on this thread looked delicious and appetizing to those not on a diet! Bet you can find something on that thread and its predecessors:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/419554-what-do-your-meals-look-like-let-me-see-pics
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    go on skinnytaste.com there are so many good low calorie foods there. and the lady who does the website all ways has new stuff up. i love the website.
  • phillips9366
    phillips9366 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love shrimp, boiled with or without coctail sauce, or sauteed in a littel olive oil and garlic. Low calorie, tastey and healthy.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    but I also don't want to bring, like, a veggie tray because I am sure that I will be the only one eating THAT!
    I highly doubt you'd be the only person eating from a veggie tray! Seriously, I think they are one of the best appetizers to have at a party because it is guilt-free and really tasty (especially with a variety of dips like ranch and hummus!)
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have a potluck for bowling league next week. last year I brought a big bowl of Clementines and they were a huge hit. I've also made sausage bites. cut light kielbasa into circles. wrap each in 1/4 of a reduced fat crescent roll. bake at 350 until golden brown. my oven takes about eight minutes.
  • ljholmann
    Options
    but I also don't want to bring, like, a veggie tray because I am sure that I will be the only one eating THAT!
    I highly doubt you'd be the only person eating from a veggie tray! Seriously, I think they are one of the best appetizers to have at a party because it is guilt-free and really tasty (especially with a variety of dips like ranch and hummus!)

We had our Christmas Party here at work yesterday, I brought a veggie tray and a friend of mine brought a fruit tray, they were both the first items gone.