Help!

Options
SO I made a homemade dish tonight. I call it mexican stir fry. It was chicken breasts cut up and pan fried with no oil or butter and then green pepper, onion, corn, black beans, and taco seasoning added in. I put it all over brown rice. Trouble is I know it's not a high calorie or fat meal, but I don't know how to find it on the food here on mfp.. any ideas on how to put it on the food database here and make it accurate in terms of calories and such?

Replies

• Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder and put all your ingredients in and you will have the correct information. I love the recipe builder!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder and put all your ingredients in and you will have the correct information. I love the recipe builder!

yes, and that sounds delicious! Before they had the recipe builder app I would just put the things in individually i.e. 1 chicken breast, 1 cup stir fry vegetables, 1/2 cup rice, etc.
  • willloseorelse
    Options
    Like the others have already said, use the recipe feature. I love it because every time you make one of your favorite recipes it's saved so you only have to enter it once.

I'm curious also because it sounds delicious, do you cook the chicken before you stir fry it?
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    mmmmm yum, ditto what they said!
  • xmissjasmine
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm new to the site so I'm going to try to get to the builder.

And yes, I did pan fry the chicken and used no oils or butters.

Here's how I did it:

Cut up and pan fry boneless skinless chicken breast.
    Add a green pepper and onion, cut up into larger pieces. Fry til it begins to soften.
    Then add desired amount of frozen (or canned) corn.
    Add 1 packet of taco seasoning and the amount of water that is directed on the back of the seasoning package.
    Then last, open and drain your black beans, and add them,. Heat until everything is to temp.

In the meantime, be cooking your brown rice. Then once you're all done, just pour your mexican stir fry over your brown rice :)