Is anybody else trying to gain weight too?

Options
Hi! My name is Kate and I am new here. My friend recommended this site to see if it could help me gain weight. I am currently 95 pounds (and 5'6"). I would like to get to around 110. Is there anyone else out there in the same spot as me?

Thanks for any advice/feedback! I look forward to learning alot here.

Have a good day!

Replies

• twincat
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kate and I am new here. My friend recommended this site to see if it could help me gain weight. I am currently 95 pounds (and 5'6"). I would like to get to around 110. Is there anyone else out there in the same spot as me?

Have a good day!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Have a good day!

I could do that real real easy...you are lucky in a way....instead of having only one spoon of peanut butter, you can have three....
    instead of one ounce of good cheese, you can have 2

eat clean and you will feel great
    good luck:smile:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I'm not trying to gain weight, but members of my family are. It seems to be hard work, just like losing weight. The key seems to be eating the right foods, the right amounts of foods and having work outs that will build muscle mass. I don't think just eating will help.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Just eating fatty foods shouldn't work. People that have problems gaining weight have super fast metabolism, so eating fatty foods won't do anything. Their bodies just burn the food up very quickly. They're empty calories and carbs.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was in that boat. I lost a bunch of weight, but it just kept coming off! I was down below 92 pounds and am 5 feet, 3 inches tall. I got pregnant and it probably saved my life. (Not that I'm recommending that though, lol!)

I have a co-worker (a body-builder and personal trainer) who is trying to gain weight after a stressful divorce. He eats 6 meals a day, high in protein and complex carbohydrates. Sometimes I'll walk by the kitchen at 10AM to find him woofing down a steak, or he'll pass my desk munching away at a baked potato like it's a banana. He eats healthy, low-fat foods but a lot of them.

I wouldn't fill up on sundaes and potato chips, but you can have them if you want once in a while. Just be sure the main part of your diet is still healthy for your heart!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm not but i have a friend that is, she eat lots of nuts, peanut butter, cheese, complex carbs, etc. its seems to be working pretty well for her. good luck!!!