Snacks

Options
mnmdance
mnmdance Posts: 21 Member
Does anyone have any snack ideas? My biggest downfall is chips. Also I need to be prepared and have snacks with me at work or else I make a stop to the vending machine!!! not good. Thanks!!!

Replies

• sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Popadoms and salsa. Yum!
  • Xxlovinlife2012Xx
    Options
    smart ones popcorn, apple sliced with 2 tbsp of peanut butter, string cheese and fruit, greek yogurt, dark chocolate semi sweet chocolate chips with walnuts, edamame (3/4 cups) with lemon pepper! Just some ideas!
  • ShrinkingHollyx
    ShrinkingHollyx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pita chips with hummus, cottage cheese with fruit, celery/apple with peanut butter, cucumber/tomato/carrots with fat-free ranch dressing, sugar-free/fat-free pudding cups. Those are just a few ideas for you. :)
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    I second the sugar free/fat free pudding cups, they're to die for! Also, if mousse is your thing - Jello brand makes a sugar free dark temptations mousse ;)

Smart pop popcorn

Sugarfree cereal, such as fiber one, cheerios, or corn flakes. (I love a no calorie sweetener on these.)

Fruit salad

lite pringles. mmmm I'm a chip fiend, too.
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A 150 gram (or thereabouts) potato is 110 calories. Slice it in to thin chip-like cuts, either salt or no-sodium salt them, add some black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, maybe cayenne for a kick, then bake them at 350 degrees until they crisp. Use a no-calorie spray to keep them from sticking. I kind of like them to burn a little so I'd say test it out and see what times work for you. They taste great and have no added calories.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Genisoy Soy Crisps. BBQ is my fav! Also sliced cucumbers in Raspberry vinegerette or low cal ranch.
  • beatlegirl1
    Options
    Some of my favs are almonds, bananas, peanut butter crackers, and strawberry yogurt with granola.
  • mnmdance
    mnmdance Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!!! :)
  • allisonnp36
    Options
    Trader Joes makes a lot of yummy low cal snacks if there's one in your area. I like the dried fruit bars, veggie sticks and popped potato chips. They also have miniature ice cream cones at 70 cals each that are awesome.
    Vitatop muffins are a little pricy but 100 calories and my definite favorite (http://www.vitalicious.com/store.html?gclid=CJ3d4o_phq0CFcNo4AodIVF54g).
    Laughing cow cheese wedges and celery or rice cakes; I've also been making my own healthier version of lettuce wraps- I just chop up some lean chicken breast and various veggies really small and saute in a nonstick pan, toss in a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce and spices for flavor, and wrap a few tablespoons in a leaf of lettuce.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Cereal!
  • buku1001
    Options
    POP CHIPS!!! They are my absolute favorite snack. I eat them even when I'm not dieting. They are all natural, no artificial flavors or colors, no cholesterol, 0 grams of saturated fat and trans fat, 120 calories for 23 chips, 4 grams of fat. They taste sooooo good. I get them in either Costco or in the health food isle of the supermarket.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Something quick (like me working 10 hours a day and need qucik), Kelloge Special K has Fruit crisps, 2 crisps are 100 calories and make a great sweet snack.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    raw green beans. crunchy and 25 calories for 3oz
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    POP CHIPS!!! They are my absolute favorite snack. I eat them even when I'm not dieting. They are all natural, no artificial flavors or colors, no cholesterol, 0 grams of saturated fat and trans fat, 120 calories for 23 chips, 4 grams of fat. They taste sooooo good. I get them in either Costco or in the health food isle of the supermarket.

Yep these^ :smooched:
  • randy611
    randy611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Popcorn half a bag now half a bag later it really helps.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ***Bump!!!***
  • kellyc3
    Options
    bump
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn, homemade granola bars, fruit. I also like having a bowl of instant oatmeal as a snack. Just bring a bowl and spoon and then make it in the microwave.
  • dontelwalker99
    Options
    Almonds and Pistachios, great healthy nuts! If you can also fresh fruit is probably the best, but a good backup may be dried fruit but be aware of any added sugars like in dried banana chips, some company's add sugar to it which increases the calories.
  • Yolanda_dlc
    Yolanda_dlc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to take 2 ounces of dannon light and fit yogurt, 1 ounce of barenaked granola, and 1 teaspoon of skippy peanut butter (natural) and mix it together. It's about 123 calories. It satisfies my need for sweet and crunchy. Also I like to drop it by teaspoon fulls on wax paper and pop it into the freezer.
    This seems to get my energy level up if I need it...and also it's a nice after workout snack.