Do you weigh in during your period?

Options
I'm having problems accepting that my weight gain this morning is just period bloat :frown: I feel like I'm failing. Idk... I have this wierd issue with the scale. I have to weigh in everday or I feel off.

Do you weigh in during your period?

Replies

• lynzobp
    lynzobp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself at all usualy the first time in a yr was Mon web I started this and I'm 30 lbs more than last yr nd I'm scared of the scalebut seeing as u already lost weight ur def not failing ur doing better than some and ur better than u were so keep at it n skip the period days they suck anyways weighing will jus make it worse
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I do, but I give myself a 2-3 lb cushion I guess. I don't freak out if its that TOM and the number is slightly higher than what I'd like.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    no way, that's just self torture!!!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You are all correct. It is torture. I should be happy that I'm not up more than I am today!

I really should stop doing it.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No way! This month I started off the day fixing my work trousers with a safety pin - over an inch 'too big', yee hah. By the evening they were over an inch 'too small' - that's way to much bloat to weigh! In fact I've ended up weighing myself about once a month, post period. Or even further apart if I know it has been a modest month (eg I've been on holiday). And ofcourse it's not just water - it's all that extra chocolate in the tummy that can affect the scales....
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I do, but I know if it is up that it is probably just water retention and I don't get crazy over it.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I do weigh in but I know I will be up so I dont feel bad about it, I dont record it, I wait till next week.
  • QingTing
    QingTing Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ehh I weight in once a week, if I can resist that long. Unless I know I'm being lazy, then I can got for as long a month :P

But yes, weighing around period time is always confusing. Just wait a week before jumping to conclusions :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I don't... it's just extra water. So it's not accurate.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I do - but I also understand that the number is just that, a number. I know what's going on with my body and I know there'll be a change. Weighing myself at all times of the month helps me understand and accept flucuations.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know it will be up, so why bother?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh every Friday morning.

Stop fretting over every day flucuations. Healthy weight loss and eventually weight maintenance is a lifetime journey. Shift your focus to the long-term.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem!!! I'm supposed to weigh in on Sunday like I do EVERY week, but I think I'm going to skip this week because aunt flow decided to rear her ugly head 2 weeks early this month! I know that it will be more then I actually am, I tend to bloat like no other durring this TOM! I say in order to save your sanity don't weigh in until you are free and clear
  • negative187
    Options
    Yes, because in that week I lose more weight than I do in the three weeks that I take the pill. Most of the time it's the only time I get a loss, usually I end up maintaining for the other three weeks.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am always curious to see how much it does fluctuate. This month I went up by 3 pounds, then when it was over I had lost those 3 and another 1.5 pounds.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you can't handle it, don't do it.
  • KristinaD3
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. I'm the same as you, feel like i'm falling off if i don't. I listened to everyone else when they said not to and I noticed i started to slack off and gained weight. So my point is if you feel its better if you weigh yourself everyday to stay on track its fine, just don't bum yourself out when the scale is higher on some days like during TOM or you had a little more sodium than the day before. Just reconize what its from and not think you've gained fat and beat yourself up about it. Some people do better not weighing their self as much or at all but everyone is different. That is just my opinion.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I don't weight in that week. I just know it will make me feel bad. So, I give my body that week to do what it does. I just hate seeing a setback over something that I have no control over.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I do but if it's a gain I don't log it bc I figure it'll be gone and maybe plus some by the time it's gone. I'm usually right hah
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    YAY! Someone said period instead of TOM! So proud! That said...I will weigh in out of habit, but I don't record it. I also find that if I fight really hard not to give into crazy period cravings that I always show at least a 2 pound loss when my period is over!