Cooking Light subscription worth it?

Options
I have been trying to find more and more places for good recipes, and the Healthy Living section in the back of Southern Living is good, sometimes Better Homes and Gardens has some good stuff, but hubby wants to be a chef (:noway: right?!) and so I need more options so he can cook his little heart out.

With the cost of life nowadays, I don't want to waste my money on a subscription - so do y'all have it? Like it? Prefer something else? Thanks and happy Sunday!! :smile:

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find more and more places for good recipes, and the Healthy Living section in the back of Southern Living is good, sometimes Better Homes and Gardens has some good stuff, but hubby wants to be a chef (:noway: right?!) and so I need more options so he can cook his little heart out.

With the cost of life nowadays, I don't want to waste my money on a subscription - so do y'all have it? Like it? Prefer something else? Thanks and happy Sunday!! :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am still waiting for my first edition of Cooking Light.
    I LOVE Healthy Living from Taste of Home.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    If you're a recipe person, then yes... it's worth it! Especially if you are "new" to lighter healthier style cooking and aren't really sure where or how to start.

I am terrible with recipes!! I had the subscription for a year (or maybe it was Light 'n Tasty magazine?) But anyway, I'd look through the pictures then get hungry and cook something my own way anyway :laugh: For me, it didn't matter that it was a light cooking magazine - it could have been any magazine and it'd have just the same good for me.

Just so you know, when you subscribe to Light 'n Tasty or Cooking Light - or any magazine from that publisher you also become a member of their website and can search ALL the recipes from all of their magazines by pretty much anything you like (lowfat, sugar free, regular, low cholesterol, etc) It really is an awesome website.

Nowadays, I find it just as useful to search ingredients online to get ideas and then make whatever idea comes into my head.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think everyone knows how much I love Cooking Light.

I love receiving it every month and take my time to read through every page!! There is a lot of great information about exercise and other things too.

And the recipes are amazing!! I love that their focus is to make it healthier and "modify" where you can without sacrificing quality!
  • javengreen
    javengreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great recipe sites online.
    For fresh, practically fat free recipes, check out http://www.fatfreevegan.com/. There are more recipes at allrecipes.com. I search for low fat ones and make normal recipes low fat.

As much fun as it is to read those magazines, I love these online sites because you can read reader reviews and see how the recipes turned out with substitutions. It works for me every time!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can go to http://www.cookinglight.com/ and get all the recipes, but it's just not the same as getting the magazine and leafing through it...depends on whether you want to curl up with a mag or a computer

Cooking light is a great magazine :love: :love:
    :laugh: