Interesting article on combining cardio/weights

Options
http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/why-cardio-alone-doesnt-cut-fat/

I think I'm finally understanding why I've been plateaued for the past month, roughly the same amount of time that I've been working out regularly. I've been doing two weight/cardio classes at my gym, two spin classes, and another day of just strength training each week. I definitely have not been eating my exercise calories. Have not lost a single pound. So basically...too much cardio and not giving my body enough fuel? That's what I gather from the article...

Replies

• aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing....i really enjoyed reading this!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    this is a great article, thankyou!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    was ok until they started talking about meal frequency & metabolism. That is a myth. Overall calorie/macro intake determines metabolism.

Also, no reason you can't eat carbs & fat together. (Although I generally end up having protein at every meal anyway)
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Carbs will keep your muscles hydrated, making you feel like your muscles are bloated, hence the name carbohydrate

131326899095.gif
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Carbs will keep your muscles hydrated, making you feel like your muscles are bloated, hence the name carbohydrate

131326899095.gif

hee hee
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

131326899095.gif

ahh...so that's what they do. You learn something new... :tongue:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

131326899095.gif
    hes yummy *drools*

really just bumping to read later >.>
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

131326899095.gif

Love it!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Is that a real quote from the article? Because if it is, then, well...

5947497009_03bb4515f2.jpg