Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

is this bad?

i eat pretty much the same thing everyday. really the only meal that i change up is dinner. i know what i like and what fits into my macros so i tend to stick to the same foods. anyone else like this or does this have any bad effects?

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Only side effect I can think of is boredom.
  • peach05
    peach05 Posts: 31 Member
    I do the same thing. I have about 4 lunches and about 6 dinners that we rotate through all week. I find the routine comforting for the most part. I never have to wonder what we'll eat this week. I do mix things up a bit when I get bored and try new recipes, and change things by seasonal veggies and such, but it hasn't hindered my weightloss in the slightest ;)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    i eat pretty much the same thing everyday. really the only meal that i change up is dinner. i know what i like and what fits into my macros so i tend to stick to the same foods. anyone else like this or does this have any bad effects?

possible micro nutrient deficiencies depending on how varied or unvaried your dinners are
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    hasn't hurt my progress. I eat basically the same breakfast and lunch almost every day. Dinner changes based on what hubby's making, but I'm very much a creature of habit.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    depending on what you're eating, it could lead to a micronutrient deficiency.
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    I usually eat the same things or variations of....it works for me now but I do want to discover new healthier foods as well and once I am to maintenance weight I will change it up a bit. For now I need to regulate myself and I know that..it is what it is and it's all good! 10 ish lbs to go! And I know they won't be the easy ones lol
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    i thinkthey say the typical american eats the same 6 things over and over.

are you sure you're getting the right balance of vitamisn and fiber and stuff ?
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    I need variety, or I'll end up at the drive thru ordering something gross but delicious.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    I make a big pot of soup with lots of veggies and quinoa and edamame with tomatoes and beans. I eat that every day either for lunch or dinner. Sometimes I cut up a chicken breast into it.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Im the same way! Its easy to plan, shop and prepare this way and lets face it if it aint broke why fix it?

As long as its balanced and fitting into your marcos- I say go for it. If you start to get sick of something switch it up before you get REALLY sick of it though. Or you may never want to eat it again (This has happened to me lol)

Disclaimer- this is merely MY opinion....... I am not a doctor, Im just a model :wink:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Don't you get bored?