Chocolate Tea

Options
I found a new way to counter my chocolate cravings. Rather than grabbing a candy bar, I have a cup of Stash Chocolate Hazelnut Tea most days of the week. It satisfies my want of chocolate but with no calories (unless I add a couple drops of milk, but that's nothing compared to real chocolate). If you crave chocolate on a regular basis, as I'm sure many of you do, I suggest trying this tea.

Replies

• abcgfed
    Options
    I found a new way to counter my chocolate cravings. Rather than grabbing a candy bar, I have a cup of Stash Chocolate Hazelnut Tea most days of the week. It satisfies my want of chocolate but with no calories (unless I add a couple drops of milk, but that's nothing compared to real chocolate). If you crave chocolate on a regular basis, as I'm sure many of you do, I suggest trying this tea.
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How is the flavor? Is it one of those things where you have to compromise the taste for the product? It sounds like a great plan, but just curious how well it works!

Thanks for the advice!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this tea so I looked it up on their website and it reads:

Stash Chocolate Hazelnut Tea

100% natural ingredients:
    blended black teas, natural flavor of hazelnut, natural flavor of chocolate, natural flavor of nutcreme. Contains: peanuts & hazelnuts.

The botanical name for the cocoa tree is "theobroma cacao" which is Greek for "food of the gods". The first people to use cocoa were the Maya, who lived in Mexico and Central America, as long ago as 600 AD. When Cortez conquered Mexico in 1519, the Aztecs were already making a drink called xocolatl (or chocolatal) which was a rather bitter potion made from roasted cocoa beans, water and spices. Over the centuries this drink spread throughout the world. In the mid 1600s the first chocolate shop was opened in London. In 1828, Coenraad Johannes Van Houten, a Dutch chemist and chocolate manufacturer, invented a hydraulic press which extracted cocoa oil. The dry residue left from this process was crushed to produce a fine cocoa powder. The versatile cocoa bean has continued to provide pleasure as a drink, snack, candy, and flavoring.

Hazelnut cultivation began in southern Europe during ancient times. Hazelnuts are from various trees of the genus "corylus", which are native to warm and temperate regions of the world. Also known as filberts, hazelnuts are popular in North America and Britain. They have a delicate texture with a subtle yet warm flavor and they are a classic partner with chocolate.

For our sophisticated Chocolate Hazelnut blend we combine full bodied black teas from China and India with the natural rich flavors of chocolate and hazelnuts. The result is a dessert-like drink that is rich and smooth. This tea is especially good with a touch of milk and sugar added.

Hope this helps for others! :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    WOW that sounds good- do you just get it at your regular grocery store, or is it a Whole Foods/Trader Joes/specialty place item?

Wow. I really want to try that!!!!!!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard of that, but I LOVE tea (and chocolate), so maybe I'll try this. I do have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, I think I'll add it to my list. Is it available at any grocery store, or at a specialty store?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I just searched safeway's "home delivery" section, and they have like 5 kinds of tea by stash. so I think it could be found at a grocery store- if not, stash also has a website of their own you can order from.... that's what I found with a little bit of searching-
  • beagle595
    Options
    Thanks sounds yummy! I love Celestial Seasonings Chocolate Caramel Enchantment Chai Tea just with a packet of Splenda. It's gluten free but has caffeine. But it's a name I trust... been around for ever. :drinker:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Thanks sounds yummy! I love Celestial Seasonings Chocolate Caramel Enchantment Chai Tea just with a packet of Splenda. It's gluten free but has caffeine. But it's a name I trust... been around for ever. :drinker:

Mmmm sounds yummy too! I love me some good tea! :bigsmile: I will have to look for this in my next grocery shopping.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Beer, that is what they need to come up with. Oh, no, wait, never mind. I would NOT be able to lose weight if they had that, so forget it.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Beer, that is what they need to come up with. Oh, no, wait, never mind. I would NOT be able to lose weight if they had that, so forget it.

I almost spared you this information, but then decided to share: there IS such a thing... Young's Double Chocolate Stout is one. I think there are other makers, too. :bigsmile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I almost spared you this information, but then decided to share: there IS such a thing... Young's Double Chocolate Stout is one. I think there are other makers, too. :bigsmile:
    *Covers ears* "I'm not listening, la la la la la!!!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: