Getting your kids to start exercizing

Options
2»

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I think the best for that age group is to start any group sport. Biking/ running/ swimming are all great options, but their availability is depend on the weather. I have a 3 yr old, and we are starting a program sport-ball from January. They introduce small kids to various ball sports: baseball, soccer, basketball etc. The purpose of the program is to generate interest , and find out what the child may like to play later. Here hockey is the mayor sport for boys, but I rather want to experiment and see what my child may develop interest in.
    Since the OP kids are bigger, I am sure they already express their interest in something. I think the best is sign up for the local community leave, and play with other children regularly. It is much more fun for them, then working out by a exercise DVD.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    They do it unless pain is something they enjoy - end of story.

:indifferent:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 year old brother, who is always on the wii with me! Either were both on just dance, or zumba, wii fit, etc etc! Its soo funnny! With him only been 10 he doesnt need to loose weight, infact hes a little under weight for his age and height, sooo he has to be be constantly fed!! Lol!