Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP!! Starting Lent and training for a half-marathon!!

Akamedian
Akamedian Posts: 16
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Lent is starting on Wed and I will only be eating form 12 noon-9pm (not to mention that I am missing the most important meal, BREAKFAST!) is there a way for me to do this healthily and still keep up my marathon training? I'm worried about not eating enough and wonder if I should just sit this year out. Although, I don't want to because of my beliefs. If anyone could offer me some tips or advice that would be great!!

Replies

• Lent is starting on Wed and I will only be eating form 12 noon-9pm (not to mention that I am missing the most important meal, BREAKFAST!) is there a way for me to do this healthily and still keep up my marathon training? I'm worried about not eating enough and wonder if I should just sit this year out. Although, I don't want to because of my beliefs. If anyone could offer me some tips or advice that would be great!!
  • Pregnancy releases you from practicing Lent. So a woman is forgiven then.. I'm sure you won't be struck by lightning. :noway: If you are really feeling guilty talk to your Priest or Paster. Be wel! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Did I miss something?
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Since when does lent require you to only eat from 12-9?!

~Leash
  • We're doing a lent consecration. Its not a requirement, its a choice. Its something my church does annually.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Guess that means you can't drink your breakfast.....hmmmm....
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Lent is starting on Wed and I will only be eating form 12 noon-9pm (not to mention that I am missing the most important meal, BREAKFAST!) is there a way for me to do this healthily and still keep up my marathon training? I'm worried about not eating enough and wonder if I should just sit this year out. Although, I don't want to because of my beliefs. If anyone could offer me some tips or advice that would be great!!

u can still get in 3 meals from 12-9 just keep fruit handy for your first meal..and have a late light dinner
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Did I miss something?

i think I did too because i didn't see that she said she was pregnant I even went back to look on her profile- :huh: -

Anyway you said its an option to do the 12-9 thing- I know people who have done that and were starving by 12
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    If you usually exercise in the morning, maybe you can switch it to later in the day so you can refuel. Are you still going to eat the same amount of calories??
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    I would say since this is your belief and you are not prenant and this is something you will need to do annually, the suggestion of drinking something before 12 sounds fair. Just make it something that is comperable to breakfast or a few cals more........yogurt smoothie drink......something like that.

Just my thoughts :tongue:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]56259.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • I exercise at night, usually around 6 or 7. Maybe I should change this. I am still going to be eating my calories, I just don't want to stuff myself between that time. I'm just hoping my metabolism doesn't change too much, because of this. Should I eat breakfast @ 12 and then just continue on and have a light dinner like it was suggested? Thanks everyone for your input and advice!! Keep it coming!! :smile: Thanks again!!!

Levenia
This discussion has been closed.