Tanning in a bed

Options
2»

Replies

• hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    For every dollar you spend in the tanning bed, put aside another 1000 dollars to deal with your skin cancer down the track.

Amen sista!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I used to tan a lot in my early twenties... Now I can't afford it and that's probably a good thing. Skin cancer runs in my family.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I used to in my younger days. Now I've got the gradual tanning lotion down to an art and I'm good to go. :wink:

I will admit, the 20 minute tanning bed naps were THE BEST! :glasses:
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Tanning.jpg

This is spray tan or self tanner ....lol but thats a HOTT MESS.
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I used to... I still have a tanning bed in fact. I don't though because I started noticing the damage the UV rays were doing to my skin. =( I'd love to do it again but I don't want to be one of those people who has tons of sun damage. I've come to find that I'm not as pasty white as I once thought. =)
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I used to tan off and on in high school even though I'm pretty pale and don't tan well in general (I'll admit that the warm tanning beds in the middle of winter felt pretty awesome though). In college I went to a free melanoma screening because I am so white and...well, it was free. The dermatologist found a few irregular moles and made me promise to set up a follow-up appt within the next few months to get them removed. 2 of them ended up being pre-cancerous!

If you haven't seen this PSA, take a look. I'm not 16, but I wish I had seen it when I was:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

I've seen some pretty natural looking airbrush tans. I want to try one!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Im staying at a friends house who has a tanning bed, and I want to be in it 24/7
    Not necessarily to get tan, but it makes me feel so comfortable. I am the opposite of claustrophobic, I guess and I love the noise and the lights, and the cool eye protector goggles, hahah >.< Im happy im only here for a few days so I dont get a first class ticket to cancer.

Enjoy those few times! I used to love it when I was in my 20s for the same reasons, I found it so incredibly relaxing. Especially during the dead of winter in the Northeast, that lovely warmth. sigh...Your post is making me miss it now. Knock it off. :laugh:
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

There are some good lotions out there too. I LOVE my Million Dollar Tan lotion. I realize that my picture does make it look like I'm orange, but I took the picture in a small room with weird lighting with my phone. LOL I swear I'm not orange!
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

If i could find one that looks natural i would totally do it, but everyone i know is bright orange from them:) I'd rather be white than orange lol
  • TCWE
    TCWE Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    As opposed to misting which will make you look like Snookie; get airbrushed! Its brown, not orange and its not splotchy because an actual person sprays you.

Or cheaper St. Tropez gradual bronzing mousse- brown NOT orange!!