I hate being noticed!!

Options
I was wondering if anyone else felt this way? I hate the awkwardness of [men] groping, making crude comments...i.e. "damn girl" or some other comment about my body, usually my butt.

I really want to wear all black and just blend into the crowd. I think that may be one of the reasons I gained the weight I did.

I absolutely hate it, it makes me feel like a piece of meat. I need to wear a sign, (besides the obvious one on my left hand) "Don't ****ing look at me creepers!"

Anyone else feel this way? I really hate the way my body looks right now and if I can't stand to look at myself, I really can't stand for anyone else to look at me either.

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes too. In a way I want to be noticed, but at the same time I just want to be invisible. Im hoping that getting in shape and accomplishing something I never have before will give me a boost in self confidence. I want to feel beautiful, and have it shine through my self confidence.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think it's discussing when men have to hoot and howl as they make comments... I wish I was invisible also from these people.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem of being noticed but of being treated like an object, a non-thinking entity that is just there to be ogled. Otherwise, you should feel great when you're noticed. I mean, if a guy thinks your attractive and stares, that's a compliment. I don't think men are as good at being subtle as women. They see a beautiful woman, and they want to look. They can't help looking. :) And that's okay.

If he gropes you or makes some kind of sexual comment, that's a different matter. That's not okay, and I've yet to see man successfully pick up a woman using this method, so I'm not sure why they employ it.
  • MeguPARN
    Options
    I like to put the spotlight back on them. I got on the subway the other day and this guy who was with his friends and checking me out was all "mmm girl you smell so good." And I was all "thanks, it's hand sanitizer" (in a sexy voice of course.) His friends thought that was hilarious and he got all embarassed. I also like to respond to someone who is obviously looking at my headlights while I talk by saying, "yes they're very smart, but they don't talk yet. Those sounds are coming from up here." It's so much fun to embarass jerks like that right back.
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks for the laugh Meg...maybe I'll try being a little snarky next time, I'm pretty good at it :)
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yup, my layer of fat is my defence against all this. I do the school run on foot and I have to walk down a road that frequently has cars backed up because of traffic lights. At my lowest weight I was whistled at, shouted at, stared at, commented upon all from the car window - I hated every minute of that stretch of walk, absolutely HATED it. My blubber is my shield. I won't miss it when it goes, but should I get to target by next summer I'll be the one wearing a full length, high collar, long sleeve dress!! lol.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem of being noticed but of being treated like an object, a non-thinking entity that is just there to be ogled. Otherwise, you should feel great when you're noticed. I mean, if a guy thinks your attractive and stares, that's a compliment. I don't think men are as good at being subtle as women. They see a beautiful woman, and they want to look. They can't help looking. :) And that's okay.

If he gropes you or makes some kind of sexual comment, that's a different matter. That's not okay, and I've yet to see man successfully pick up a woman using this method, so I'm not sure why they employ it.

I agree with you here! If it's done with class, it is a compliment :)