Andriod 3.2 honeycomb operating system

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
I am not tech savy but am looking at the samsung galaxy tablet for my husband for Christmas. Please, someone out there, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so completely lost. He knows all about this stuff so I do not want it to be a disappointment on Christmas morning.

Is there maybe something else you recommend.

Replies

• ladybg81
    Options
    Come on. Please someone tell me what the heck this is and if the Samsung Galaxy is worth it. Please. help. me.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Honeycomb 3.2 is a recent revision, and should be just fine. The next major release will be 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich). The Galaxy Tab is pretty nice. I eventually decided on a Motorola Xoom myself, mainly because it seemed a bit sturdier and I didn't like some of the Samsung "enhancements".
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Buy the Samsung Tablet, its the next best thing to the ipad. If I had the $$ I'd go ahead and purchase the samsung.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    I can get it refurbished for about $100 less. Is it worth the risk?
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I can get it refurbished for about $100 less. Is it worth the risk?

I stay away from refurbs for those type of electronic items. Even for new, get it from somewhere with a good return policy.
  • directorj
    Options
    I have an AMEX card and I get free extended warranty so I get about 2 years worth. But I would go ahead and just pay full price for it if you can't get a warranty
  • ladybg81
    Options
    The samsung galaxy does not have a SD card slot or a USB port. Is this a problem/. Does something like that really matter?
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    I have bought the Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab for my dad for Christmas, its a a very nice machine, the only downsides are it doesnt have expendable memory so you may want to go with on the the 32 or 64gb models. Its much smoother than the ipad, though i am NOT a fan of apple.

Go with it, its the only one in the market that is actually a competitor for the ipad..

android machines are simple graphically pleasing and have a ton of attachments you can buy..

he'll love it, i know my dad is gonna flip when he unwraps it.
  • directorj
    Options
    Hmm..I thought it was expandable with a microSD... well anyways as for storage space, if he's going to download a ton of stuff and put music you would need to go with a 32gb. But if its just for casual use, then the 16 isn't too bad
  • ladybg81
    Options
    Hmm..I thought it was expandable with a microSD... well anyways as for storage space, if he's going to download a ton of stuff and put music you would need to go with a 32gb. But if its just for casual use, then the 16 isn't too bad

The website I'm looking at says no. I don't really know what he'll use it for. He has a smart phone, lap top and an ipod.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    I don't know what the memory capacities mean.
  • directorj
    Options
    It just means more space. 16gb is enough for most people unless you're going to take a lot of pictures and download a lot of games.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    I got the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 in 16GB. If he does not like it or it is too small, he can return it. Thanks for everyone's help! I hope he likes it.