trashy or trendy ?

Options
Someone close to me who shall remain anonymous, brought up an idea that at first I wasn't crazy about. She said she wished in her younger years that she had taken sexy pictures for her husband. I called up a photographer friend who confirmed that this is a growing field * no pun intended. I've worked hard to get where I am and how exciting an idea! We only live once right? It wouldn't be public, only for myself and my boyfriend (and I would lock up the proofs). Do you think that if I go through with this it makes me trashy or trendy ? Do guys even like this sort of gift? Just curious for the public opinion here...

Replies

• paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Not trashy at all! Work what you've got, girl!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I don't see how that would be trashy... go for it!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    From a male prospective, yes we like this kinda stuff. However there is a fine line between "art" photos and getting caught behind the barn phots. I also caution you to makesure that before you share the photos with a companion you ensure you are truely committed. Once you give them to someone you need to have faith in that person to protect your gift.
  • stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It is very trendy my parents do these photo shoots a lot for people of ALL ages not just young people. I personally don't have any lol but if I had the body I would do it.
  • mrsknotts
    Options
    The photographer explained to me the shoot can be as racy or as demure as I would like. I can choose how much I want to show and in what setting. Im not brave enough to bare all, and its a bit intimidating as his portfolio is full of very fit women. But someday I might regret not doing it.
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen boudoir photos? Some of them are beautiful! They aren't completely naked but just sexy photos, maybe in cute bras and panties. I say go for it! I personally wouldn't go too naked but I know if I did my boyfriend would love it! :)
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Totally sexy and thoughtful!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    There is a way to do very beautiful photos that are not trashy. Lots of photographers are doing what they call Boudior Photography. Nothing is X rated. Personal body parts are not suppose to be photographed. In the photographs the woman wears lingerie or maybe your significant other's favorite sports jersey or button dress shirt. I plan to get this done when I reach my goal weight!

Many do it for themselves not for their significant other.

What a way to see yourself in a beautiful new way!! I never thought I could be sexy when I was at my highest weight. A professional photographer can make you appreciate yourself and make you think...."Damn I am hot!"
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome idea! Plus you have to show to yourself that you have gained the confidence to go forward with it and show how far you've come
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this once I'm at my goal weight. My husband likes to take pictures so I'm recruiting him as the photographer. Lol