Is there anyone trying to lose 10 pounds or less?

Options
I'm in that category, and I was hoping that there would be others in that category. =]
I lost abit more a few months ago, and just want to lose around 7 pounds more. It's hard work though, it's like the pounds are being stubborn! Ugh
I was hoping that others in the same boat would have tips, ideas, and encouragement to share?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sweetapplepi
    Options
    I'm in that category, and I was hoping that there would be others in that category. =]
    I lost abit more a few months ago, and just want to lose around 7 pounds more. It's hard work though, it's like the pounds are being stubborn! Ugh
    I was hoping that others in the same boat would have tips, ideas, and encouragement to share?

:flowerforyou:
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in that category. I'm noticing that it's going to take awhile to lose the weight. I guess the key thing is to just stick to your diet and exercise routine. I can tell already that for me it's going to be so easy to get discouraged if I'm doing all this work and I don't see the scale move. But I know eventually I will see results. I got a lot of good information from people here. Once you get to that last 10, it's probably time to start thinking about toning. I am at a healthy BMI, and I'm not "chubby" or "fat," but I need to build strength to get that flat, toned tummy. So I'm doing more weight/strength training, along with cardio, when I go to the gym. My personal motivation is my wedding and my husband coming home from Iraq. I want to look drop dead gorgeous for him. What's your motivation? What can you do to remind yourself of that motivation everyday? Good luck...and keep us updated on how it goes, ok?

P.S. I just read your profile. I'm 22 as well, and I have a little pair of shorts I want to fit into! hahaha. Looks like we have some things in common. :) You're a very pretty girl, by the way!!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Me too. I want to lose 6.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    There is a thread out already-join the gang!
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    yeah i have about 6-7 pounds left. But i found that I havent been loosing anything but my body keeps changing... mostly slimming and getting muscle. So now basically all I do is stick to my routine and eat all my calories. I work hard on toning which has made me go down a size instead of just cardio to burn fat.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Those last few pounds are the hardest. Make sure your eating enough. Don't cheat your body out of the nutrition it needs. When I wanted to lose just a few I upped my exercise and started running but lowered my calorie intake. MISTAKE. When I upped my calories then I lost those stubborn last lbs.
    Keep working out, watching your cals & drinking your water.
    Running is what really helped me lose some of my tummy fat. (I still have some I'd like to see go.)
    Also are you doing any weight training? It helps to make you leaner looking even though you might carry more lbs. Don't get to hung up on what the scale says but go by how your clothes fit.
    I have pants that fit me better at 120lbs than they did at 115. It's about toning not just losing.
    Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I am doing more strength training so I took my measurements, so I won't freak if the number doesn't go down.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Yaaay! I'm so excited that there are others with the same goal. I take a Circuit Training class twice a week, and I can tell that it's helping. My body is changing, but my scale has yet to move. In fact either it stays the same or goes up. I always return to my "usual" weight though. I try to jog twice a day on the days that I don't have my class or I use The Firm workout with the stepper. I WISH I could tone my stomach, but I'm not even sure where to start. :embarassed:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Those last few pounds are the hardest. Make sure your eating enough. Don't cheat your body out of the nutrition it needs. When I wanted to lose just a few I upped my exercise and started running but lowered my calorie intake. MISTAKE. When I upped my calories then I lost those stubborn last lbs.
    Running is what really helped me lose some of my tummy fat. (I still have some I'd like to see go.)
    Also are you doing any weight training? It helps to make you leaner looking even though you might carry more lbs. Don't get to hung up on what the scale says but go by how your clothes fit.
    I have pants that fit me better at 120lbs than they did at 115. It's about toning not just losing.

Thanks for the uplifting words! I lift weights, and have resistant training in my circuit training course. I also workout on the elliptical machine during that class. It's a fun class! I try to drink atleast 8 cups of water a day, and have cut out all sodas or other beverages. I have also learned that jogging helped to get rid of stubborn belly fat so atleast I know I'm on the right track there. :smile:
    Good luck with your goals :smile:
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    hey!
    me too, i need to lose between 7 and 10 lbs, but am struggling too. people here offer great support and slowly i am changing things up to try and shake off the lbs!
    i'd been at 1200 + exercise, what MFP gave me, for a couple months but no change. now for the last week i've upped to my BMR (1400) + exercise cals. i lost .4lbs in the middle of the week but eventually after 7 days was the same weight. (at least i didnt gain!). so i will keep at it for another week with the higher calories, more strength training, and let you all know how i go!
    songbyrdsweet said something which i think is really important - dont lower your cals too much since we are so close to maintenance! i would be happy with a half pound loss each week - so it will be a LONG process!!

xxx
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Yeah...that's what I find myself wanting to do - lower my calories and up my exercise to lose the last few pounds. Maybe that's my mistake. I'll try to eat all of my calories today and see what happens (even though that scares me because I gained a pound from last week!)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am there too. I heard it gets harder the closer you get to your goal.
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    hey!
    me too, i need to lose between 7 and 10 lbs, but am struggling too. people here offer great support and slowly i am changing things up to try and shake off the lbs!
    i'd been at 1200 + exercise, what MFP gave me, for a couple months but no change. now for the last week i've upped to my BMR (1400) + exercise cals. i lost .4lbs in the middle of the week but eventually after 7 days was the same weight. (at least i didnt gain!). so i will keep at it for another week with the higher calories, more strength training, and let you all know how i go!
    songbyrdsweet said something which i think is really important - dont lower your cals too much since we are so close to maintenance! i would be happy with a half pound loss each week - so it will be a LONG process!!

xxx

Ok, I will give that a try, I just feel like I eat too much already lol I want to lose the weight by May, so I really hope I can figure this out soon. We are all so close to our goals! Keep it up everyone!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    hey!

xxx

Ok, I will give that a try, I just feel like I eat too much already lol I want to lose the weight by May, so I really hope I can figure this out soon. We are all so close to our goals! Keep it up everyone!
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    i am there too! just 5 or so more would be PERFECT :happy:

if only it wasnt so darn tough...:grumble:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I wish we could share food and exercise journals. I've tried to stay on track today, but I slipped up and had a few pieces of homemade corn bread. I made it from scratch, and it was sooo yummy. lol But other than that I've done well with my eating and water drinking today. I also worked out already, but I think i'm go to jog in abit. Punishment for being weak and having the cornbread. No pain, no gain. :grumble:
    Thus far today I had:
    B: Quakers Weight Management Oatmeal
    L: Noodle soup with corn bread ( about 6 little pieces, I cut them teeny on purpose even though my hubby gave me a funny look. :blushing: ) so it was around 3 pieces total.
    D: Haven't had it yet, but prolly just noodle soup.

Snacks: 2 Tangelos * like oranges*

:smile: