noob =)

Hi guys, new here, I'm a 26 year old female in Australia.. I'm currently 98kg (216lb) and hoping to get down to at least 70 (154lb), and then go from there. At 170cm tall my BMI is 34

I have been overweight since I had my first child 7 years ago. At my heaviest I was up in the 120's, slowly lost a bit over the last couple of years but have not been putting enough effort in, eating out of boredom/depression, spending too much time on the PC because I am ashamed to go out.

I'm tired of being fat, having no confidence. I want to be healthy for my kids.

I bought a set of scales a couple of weeks ago (first time ever, lol) and I was 102 then. I stumbled upon the myfitnesspal android app last Monday, while hunting for a app to record my weight weekly. Wow what a great idea, just what I need to be more conscious of what I shove i my gob ;)

So I have been recording everything and staying under my 1200 calories every day, weight slowwwwly going down, only been using it for 5 days now and I have a long road ahead but reading the posts here are very inspiring, so thanks, I hope I can stick to this and turn my life around. =)

Replies

• 2011JAM
    2011JAM Posts: 49 Member
    Add me as a friend if you like, it's so much easier when you have loads of support :-)
  • you will make it, just stick to it ... good luck
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    I love this app! It makes logging your food so easy! When I first started I just wanted to "keep it simple". I just ate what I knew to be a smart variety of food and kept my calorie total at or slightly below my daily limits. If I went over I got on the stationary bike or walked until I had burned off the extra calories. Really simple. This is a wonderfully easy math problem, well, sort of!
    Eating these calories + exercising this much = weight loss! Good luck and add me as a friend if you like!
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    I think the gold in this site is the support. I have been here two weeks and the tools and tracking are good but the connection to other people in the same place is the difference. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Feel free to add me, I will help out any way that I can. :)