insecure people

mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
So my husband forgot his cell phone one day so while at work he used his friends phone to shoot me a text about getting together for lunch (simple and to the point) so about a week or so goes by and the guy who he used his phone tells him that his wife was snooping through his phone while he was sleeping and came across the text (that my husband sent me from his phone) well supposedly she jumped to conclusions and hit him while he was sleeping and started griping at him which in the end made her look like a fool when it all came out- well by now he has already told everyone in the company about his wifes insane accusation (which now is the big joke) so we were all at a party lastnight and they were all there and I walk up and he goes Hey did you hear we are having an affair which made everyone crack up including me She laughed as well She then felt the need to explain herself I just told her it was completely left field and she should know her husband well enough to know that I Wouldn't mess with him (which got more laughs lol)..

Morale of the story
Insecurities will make you look and act crazy and make a fool of yourself

Replies

• mrsyac2
    So my husband forgot his cell phone one day so while at work he used his friends phone to shoot me a text about getting together for lunch (simple and to the point) so about a week or so goes by and the guy who he used his phone tells him that his wife was snooping through his phone while he was sleeping and came across the text (that my husband sent me from his phone) well supposedly she jumped to conclusions and hit him while he was sleeping and started griping at him which in the end made her look like a fool when it all came out- well by now he has already told everyone in the company about his wifes insane accusation (which now is the big joke) so we were all at a party lastnight and they were all there and I walk up and he goes Hey did you hear we are having an affair which made everyone crack up including me She laughed as well She then felt the need to explain herself I just told her it was completely left field and she should know her husband well enough to know that I Wouldn't mess with him (which got more laughs lol)..

Morale of the story
    Insecurities will make you look and act crazy and make a fool of yourself
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Her husband is an *kitten* for telling everyone in the company about their fight. And it was completely tacky to go up to her and make a joke about it. It's awful her husband made it everyone's business, and even more awful that you would feel the need to bring it up at a party to try and humiliate her.
    I'm in agreement on this one! Taking a fight outside the house...whoa.. I always feel you may live to regret that and usually do! Part of the trust in the relationship is keeping personal things between one another isn't it?:flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Her husband is an *kitten* for telling everyone in the company about their fight. And it was completely tacky to go up to her and make a joke about it. It's awful her husband made it everyone's business, and even more awful that you would feel the need to bring it up at a party to try and humiliate her.
    I'm in agreement on this one! Taking a fight outside the house...whoa.. I always feel you may live to regret that and usually do! Part of the trust in the relationship is keeping personal things between one another isn't it?:flowerforyou:

Yeah, that's pretty brutal to publicize it.

***Off topic, ccano.... cute new pic!
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member

Thank you! :) He's the cute one, I'm just lucky he's mine!

Let me tell you, my husband and I actually met at work. It was hard enough to keep people out of our business, even though we kept everything as private as we could. If he had EVER EVER EVER done anything like that guy did, I would certainly not be his wife right now.
  • ChubbyBunny

:laugh:
    Modesty...makes me laugh!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Wow Im sitting here in a long distance relationship and I was just thinking about my own insecurites..Its so funny that you post this..God I love MFP....I have been struggling with getting it into my head that if he is unfaithful or strays that there is nothing I could do to prevent it...And if it should ever happen he would be the one missing out....thks for the post:drinker:
  • mrsyac2
    And if he wants to tell his guy friends which are also the same people that he works with then why not its no different then a female tellin her girl friends something.

I didn't bring it up at the party I was walking up and it was already being said to me as I was approaching the crowd.-

Yes it got turned into a joke because it was an insane accusation (he had already made a joke out of it when she approached him thats how insane it was) that she even realized herself and was able to laugh at it

Again I didn't bring it up- HE DID if he wouldn't have mentioned it I wouldn't have either because I thought it was stupid (and forgot about it) but since it was made a joke then so be it- We all said what we had to say had our laughs and enjoyed the rest of the night- She had no shame in her game in saying how she reacted.
  • mrsyac2
    Wow Im sitting here in a long distance relationship and I was just thinking about my own insecurites..Its so funny that you post this..God I love MFP....I have been struggling with getting it into my head that if he is unfaithful or strays that there is nothing I could do to prevent it...And if it should ever happen he would be the one missing out....thks for the post:drinker:

Thats right he would be missing out- But that doesn't mean you can make yourself go crazy on the what ifs--

I thought the entire situation was funny when I found out I laughed-
  • Fitness_Chick

Let me tell you, my husband and I actually met at work. It was hard enough to keep people out of our business, even though we kept everything as private as we could. If he had EVER EVER EVER done anything like that guy did, I would certainly not be his wife right now.
    Oh, it's so much fun to have a secret romance albeit at work or something along the same lines, you have your own code and nonone knows:tongue: ...LOL But it's not easy at times is it?:ohwell: :laugh:

Glad it worked out so well for you both!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick

Thats right he would be missing out- But that doesn't mean you can make yourself go crazy on the what ifs--

I thought the entire situation was funny when I found out I laughed-
    Ya know why? Girlie, cause it didn't happen to YOU:tongue::laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    And if he wants to tell his guy friends which are also the same people that he works with then why not its no different then a female tellin her girl friends something.

I didn't bring it up at the party I was walking up and it was already being said to me as I was approaching the crowd.-

Yes it got turned into a joke because it was an insane accusation (he had already made a joke out of it when she approached him thats how insane it was) that she even realized herself and was able to laugh at it

Again I didn't bring it up- HE DID if he wouldn't have mentioned it I wouldn't have either because I thought it was stupid (and forgot about it) but since it was made a joke then so be it- We all said what we had to say had our laughs and enjoyed the rest of the night- She had no shame in her game in saying how she reacted.
    Yea the tough part comes in when the gf's or the guy friends let the secret out and then it becomes everyones business. Cause yea, gf's confide as well, but somehow it seems guys talk but then it becomes more public. I don't think guys worried to much about keeping secrets when they were little like us girls did, pinky swears, and all that jazz:tongue::laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    Let me explain why the accusation was insane-

He isn't at ALL attracted to people of another race that is why it became a joke because it was so left field. That is why she was able to realize that she went a little overboard with her insecurities.
  • mrsyac2

Yea the tough part comes in when the gf's or the guy friends let the secret out and then it becomes everyones business. Cause yea, gf's confide as well, but somehow it seems guys talk but then it becomes more public. I don't think guys worried to much about keeping secrets when they were little like us girls did, pinky swears, and all that jazz:tongue::laugh:
    I have realized that guys gossip worse than females-
    they can laugh about their embarrassments (sp) and make a joke from it and move on
  • ccano

Oh, it's so much fun to have a secret romance albeit at work or something along the same lines, you have your own code and nonone knows:tongue: ...LOL But it's not easy at times is it?:ohwell: :laugh:

Glad it worked out so well for you both!:flowerforyou:

Oh god, it is definitely not easy. :explode: Would I do it again? Yes, because I adore him. But it was anything but easy. That's a very, very long story. Resulting in me no longer working there. But it's okay, I loved that job - it made me realize I love photography, and I found my husband. :) It worked out for me regardless.
  • ccano

He isn't at ALL attracted to people of another race that is why it became a joke because it was so left field. That is why she was able to realize that she went a little overboard with her insecurities.

Did she confront you at some point about the text message?

If not, I still don't see why you think it's your place to judge her, her insecurities, or her relationship with her husband.
  • mrsyac2

Did she confront you at some point about the text message?

If not, I still don't see why you think it's your place to judge her, her insecurities, or her relationship with her husband.

No she didn't need to confront me she didn't need to she realized she was over-reacting-
    I'm not judging I am stating a fact that her insecurity made her crazy and made her make a fool out of herself thats not judging thats a fact-- I wouldn't have brought the issue up (thats not my place) but he felt the need to for some laughs and she had no problem chiming in on them as well--
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    i think it's funny. that's what she gets for snooping. i have never ever looked through my husband's wallet, phone, anything else. it's not about security/insecurity, it's about respect and trust. I trust him 100%, and respect his belongings.
  • mrsyac2
    i think it's funny. that's what she gets for snooping. i have never ever looked through my husband's wallet, phone, anything else. it's not about security/insecurity, it's about respect and trust. I trust him 100%, and respect his belongings.

Obviously she was insecure about his doings if she was snooping through his things while he was sleeping at that-
  • ChubbyBunny

I agree with the trust thing....
    Perhaps there is an underlying trust issue... for whatever reason.
    Which would cause her to be insecure and behave in such a way (which isn't cool either).
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member

I totally agree!!:drinker:....im with the other poster possibly underlying issue that made her insecure enough to snoop as well
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited December 2016

Personally, I don't blame her for being insecure...and maybe she doesn't have a whole lot of respect for her @$$hat husband who goes and makes a public mockery of her at work...and yay...now it's posted to a forum on the WWW. What an awesome husband she has...and really kewl friends too...

OP...are you perfect...do you have no insecurities? You've never done anything rash in the moment?

What a judgy post...
  • Sorry sweetheart but you acted like a total asshat and so did her husband. Merry Christmas.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    THIS POST IS FROM 2009 YALL.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited December 2016
    Wow :/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    THIS POST IS FROM 2009 YALL.

so she just has to be sleeping with the co-worker by now, right?
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    ccano wrote: »

This 100%
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    You banged him, huh?