2 questions

Options
1. Anybody here with PCOS?

2. What do you think of hydroxycut? (thinkin about it but everytime I get to the store I chicken out)

Replies

• mshellclmnt
    Options

2. What do you think of hydroxycut? (thinkin about it but everytime I get to the store I chicken out)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

1. There's a post about this from last week...maybe look that up.

2. Hydroxycut....waste... you can do it without as tons on here have proven.
  • cantwaitk8
    cantwaitk8 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you have PCOS you should try the Insulin Resistance Diet. It is all about balancing proteins and carbs and explains it pretty easy. I do not have PCOS but was diagnosed with it once (turns out that doc was wrong) but I found the book then. I am using it now and WOW I can stay within my calorie range and not get hungry if I follow the IR method. It is amazing. I have lost 5lbs already.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    One of my close friends has PCOS and is losing weight with portion control, cardio and support of great friends!! You can do this without pills!!! :flowerforyou:
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    I tried hydroxicut when I first decided I wanted to lose weight. I lost 8lbs in 4 days. So unhealthy! But I also went crazy. I was a raging *****, shaking because I was so wired up on that crap, and then I stopped it. My husband took it for 3 months, went to the doctor because he was having severe pains, and got his liver test results back and was told that if he didn't stop taking it he could potentially have liver failure.

So I don't recommend it. Clean eating and exercise will do the trick :)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    my best friend was just diagnosed with it- She is losing weight very well with watching what she eats (monitoring her carbs because carbs turn into sugar and with PCOS your at higher risk of diabetes) and working out 5-6 days a week she has already dropped 12lbs in a matter of weeks it is doable-

Having PCOS makes it a little harder to drop the weight but it is possible to do it- Pills aren't the answer the answer is exercise and eating right-

Low Glycemic diets are good too anybody can use them
  • MattySparky
    Options
    say no to hydroxycut... theres no substitute for good old fashioned excercise and a healthy diet.
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I tried hydroxicut when I first decided I wanted to lose weight. I lost 8lbs in 4 days. So unhealthy! But I also went crazy. I was a raging *****, shaking because I was so wired up on that crap, and then I stopped it. My husband took it for 3 months, went to the doctor because he was having severe pains, and got his liver test results back and was told that if he didn't stop taking it he could potentially have liver failure.

So I don't recommend it. Clean eating and exercise will do the trick :)
    When it first came out I tried it, it was so expensive with how many you had to take in a day, so I didn't use the recommended dose, when I did, I had heart paps. Same as I had when I used ephedra or Mau Hung...everything from nature isn't good for you...ie. cocaine, marijuana....list goes on.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    I believe hydroxycut is manmade, not natural. I could be wrong though I've never taken it, but I would be surprized!
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I believe hydroxycut is manmade, not natural. I could be wrong though I've never taken it, but I would be surprized!
    yeah, it is...I was talking about Mau Hung, the nature equivilent to Hydroxycut.
  • macollins79
    Options
    I have PCOS!